Hyundai Excel Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Hyundai Excel
- 1991 Excel starts good-idles rough, floods crankcase with fuel, blue smoke,
- I have a problem with the transmission interlock solenoid.
- I am having trouble getting the right brake rotor off. Any suggestions?
- My car will randomly jerk while I'm driving it. what could it be?
- my 1999 hyundai excel will start cold when it warms up it wont start again
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Hyundai Excel Problems
A faulty engine control module (ECM) ground circuit may cause various issues including stalling, loss of air conditioning operation, and illumination of the Check Engine Light. Our technicians tell us that adding another ground wire to the ECM wire harness can often correct this issue.
The engine may stall when shifting the automatic transmission into reverse. This is commonly caused by a clogged transmission cooler line or fluid cooler. If this occurs transmission fluid flow will need to be restored by replacing the cooler and/or lines as necessary.
The manual transmission may become difficult to shift into third gear. This is common caused by worn synchronizers. Our technicians tell us that revised synchronizers are available to correct this concern.
Hyundai Excel Questions
Bubbles in return fuel line. Changed plugs,rotor,cap, oxygen sensor. Runs good at high speed. What should I be checking next? No check engine lite on. Please help
Sometimes cannot remove the key for a while until there is a click and sometimes cannot move the shift out of park. I would like get to this solenoid to fix this problem. Any Ideas how to get to it ,I think it's at the base of the shift assembly, and what would be the repair process?
The nut seems to be seized or something. Have been spraying it with WD40 but still won't budge
Hyundai Excel Recalls
Hyundai Excel Reviews
I bought my 1994 Hyundai excel new. It is a California special sea-foam green we had a/c added the car has 226k miles the interior is in great condition. the paint has lasted, with the color I can find it in the parking lot a mile away. The only major problem was the clutch went out then the manual trans, replaced both no problem. the car does not have enough power to run a/c and drive the car ...
Traded a friend for one of these and man what a jalopy, I guess the cv shafts were going out and he didn't know it, When you hit a bump the car changed lanes. Don't buy one of these with high miles they belong in the junkyard.
I had my Hyundai Excel for 6 years. It was generally a good car, but of course not as reliable as a Toyota or Honda. It ran great with very minimal problems and few repairs, just a few with the alternator shorting out, but that was easy and inexpensive to fix. After 100,000 miles, all hell broke loose. I have to admit that I drove the car pretty hard, but still this car is just not designe...