Reviews for Hyundai Accent years:

Hyundai Accent Reviews and Owner Comments

Hyundai AccentOwner Reviews (34 reviews)
  • 2008 Hyundai Accent
    Visitor, Lombard, IL, November 30, 2014 10:50
    Brake switch recall can help you with this.
    Visitor, Fairfield, CA, September 24, 2014 13:05
    this is a great car for your money .It gets you where you want to go and then some.
  • 2013 Hyundai Accent
    Visitor, Verona, NJ, July 26, 2014 12:41
    rust on body under doors
    Visitor, Warsaw, IN, June 27, 2014 18:43
    Bought a 2011 Accent brand new and have had to get coil changed 3 times now. I will never buy a Hyundai again this is costing me a fortune. I did all preventive maintenance and paid over $600 this month just in that. Of course the coils keep failing repeatedly after my warranty is up, and i have to pay $160 every time. I believe it is time to go back to Chevy
    Visitor, Mesa, AZ, June 11, 2014 21:02
    I paid $2500 for my 2002 Hyundai with 78,000+ miles six years ago. I have put very little into repairs, serpentine belt, check engine light, tires, and it still runs like a champ. In town mileage is not so great, especially running the a/c (in AZ), but the day I bought it and drove it 600 miles home, I got 42 mpg! This is absolutely the best $2500 I've ever spent and it only has 110K miles on it now. Oil changes have been managed at least once a year, and otherwise, little maintenance done except washing and cleaning. Great car in my opinion and it's paid for! Registration and insurance is a piece of cake too.
    Visitor, Alhambra, CA, May 05, 2014 09:17
    Since I bought this car I have had issues with the same thing this is my 5 th time with the same problem. The ignition coils have failed. All 4 of them have been replaced and this 5th time 2 broke and my car is no longer under warranty and the dealer is trying to charge $450 to replace the 2 ignition coils. I hate this care what a mistake buying this car and sad thing is I am still paying monthly for it.
    Visitor, Columbia City, IN, March 24, 2014 06:52
    I also have had the same issue with the coil packs/ignition coil. Have had to replace now going on the 3rd time and of course no warranty. Also the Fort Wayne Hyundai Happy Car Store Service Department is a horrible place to go, I will not buy another one.
  • 2012 Hyundai Accent
    rioslick, Potwin, KS, March 04, 2014 04:26
    A/C is so loud you can't hear anything when on high. Interior is mostly some sort of cheap imitation rubber/plastic. Cushion for seats are terrible. Keeping aligned is impossible always pulling to one side. Extremely rough ride. Noisy interior from road noise. Do like the option of electronic shift and great gas mileage.sound system sucks. BT horrible at listening or identifying speech and names from address book . Give it a overall rating of 2.7 if that exists.
    oncattpaws, Normal, IL, January 27, 2014 09:52
    I bought my 2002 Accent GL 1.6 DOHC A/T and have had no real problems until the speed sensors and pulse generators have gone out. I have replaced them several different times and still every 1- 1/2 to 2 years the problem occurs again. Even now I have to make an appointment to fix them again. Basically the car doesn't want to shift right. The first time it happened was driving 65 miles an hour and had a huge clunking noise--now it is not wanting to shift out of 1st gear or shift at all. The rpms go up but it doesn't shift. I started having problems more when I turned on A/C 4 to 5 years ago. The mechanics have told me I could replace the computer or electrical harness but not sure if it would fix my cars problems. It is easier and cheaper to just repair sensors, could they be shorting out of something else? Anyone else having problems like this? The only other problem I have had is that the radio/cd player has shorted out-I get error codes Err 01 or Err 02, still works unless you hit a bump and it switches between radio and cd player. Mileage was very good highway but city driving sucked.
  • 2009 Hyundai Accent
    mrfordman, Tahlequah, OK, August 01, 2013 20:03
     Journeyman
    Bought this car new. Was driving 150 miles a day back and forth to work. Needed a cheap car that had a long warranty as I was racking up miles on car I was driving pretty quick. Did normal maintenance up to 35k miles. Took to dealer with a/c problem. Compressor bad, headlights peeling chrome inside, trans slip in 3rd gear. Repaired all but the trans. Was told to drive it till trans went out and get it replaced. 55k now and still slips. Other than that, been a good car. Averages 35mpg on highway.
    Visitor, Hixson, TN, January 05, 2013 18:41
    The 2011 Accent we purchased has had to be taken for service three times for engine coil failures in the past six months. My advice is to pass up any used 2011 Accents.
    Visitor, Superior, WI, December 24, 2012 10:50
    i nave no reverse and wish they have a recall. its a known problem that they wont fix at all
    Visitor, Adams, MA, September 03, 2012 06:44
    I live in a cold, winter salted area of USA. That said, from the day I bought my car, there is a belt squeel when I start it in wet or winter conditions. Have brought it in more than one time over the years and all have said it is just water condensation(it does stop after being driven for a while). But years later the same noise is present and it is very annoying! The breaks also squeel when first started. The hood of my car has almost rusted through in one spot, and I've never had a car rust so fast. The electrical is also not working correctly as the clock has goes on and off on it's own at will and the airbag stays lit. The car is wonderful on gas and other than the problems above it has been a very reliable vehicle for 7 years! I would recommend it as a second vehicle or a vehicle for around the town but it is much to small for a family and for people who are taller in stature. I have for the most part been very happy with it!
    autumsky, Savannah, MO, July 28, 2012 03:58
    There was a recall of this car below is the proof. You should check things out before u say there is no recall's. As u can see it says these malfunctions can lead to crashes. http://www.internetautoguide.com/10-12-2005-33-267/2005-hyundai-accent-recalls.html Recall Summary HYUNDAI IS RECALLING 3,011 MODEL YEAR 2005-2007 ELANTRA, TUCSON, SONATA, AZERA AND ACCENT VEHICLES. A MALFUNCTIONING STOP LAMP SWITCH MAY CAUSE THE BRAKE LIGHTS TO FAIL TO ILLUMINATE WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS DEPRESSED OR MAY CAUSE THE BRAKE LIGHTS TO REMAIN ILLUMINATED WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS RELEASED. A DEFECTIVE STOP LAMP SWITCH MAY ALSO AFFECT THE OPERATION OF THE BRAKE-TRANSMISSION SHIFT INTERLOCK FEATURE SO THE TRANSMISSION WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE SHIFT OUT OF THE "PARK" POSITION. IT MAY ALSO CAUSE THE ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL (ESC) MALFUNCTION LIGHT TO ILLUMINATE, AND IT MAY NOT DEACTIVATE THE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS DEPRESSED. Consequence ANY OF THESE MALFUNCTIONS COULD LEAD TO A CRASH. Remedy DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE STOP LAMP SWITCH FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON SEPTEMBER 2, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HYUNDAI OF PUERTO RICO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 1-787-999-4310.
    krishnaswamy, Chicopee, MA, April 13, 2012 19:43
    My Accent while driving the battery indicator lit up. Since I had no repair place on the way I proceeded and when came up a steep the car did not pull through. I had to reverse back and proceed back to the nearest place and since it is a remote place I charged the battery and proceeded. The place I am is at has no electrical repair person to see to it. I shook the fuses and the connection plug to the alternator and started the car, it started and the indicator light was not showing, so the battery was charging ok. I ran the engine idle for half an hour. Later after about half an hour I restarted the engine and found the same problem, battery light indicator. Can some person give me some advise urgent to repair this problem.
    Visitor, Annapolis, MD, January 06, 2012 08:31
    Bought 2002 1.5 liter Accent new in fall of 2001. Now have 207,000 miles on it. Have replaced only tires, cylinder on hydraulic clutch ($30) and all four wheel bearings (done myself because I have driven it several times for many many miles on rutty old dirt and gravel roads) Also replaced rusted out exhaust. I don't love the car, but it has served me very very well. Still original brakes, clutch etc. Shift linkage has never been quite right from the beginning. (hard to downshift into 2nd and rolling shift down into 1st is very hard) Overall I could not have asked for a better cheap utilitarian vehicle. I just developed the classic fuel fill-up problem which I now have to look into. (service station fuel pump stops repeatedly due to some blockage in the fuel tank's emission control system)(Charcoal cannister or related hardware) Overall I have had a very good Hyundai experience based on economy.
  • 2008 Hyundai Accent
    Tub47, Jonesboro, AR, November 12, 2011 20:40
    I own 2 of the 2008 Accents, different colors is the only difference in them. recently the brake lights have went out on both cars. they are equipped with the third brake light too. I have checked bulbs, fuses. i've heard there is a switch under the brake pedal that effects the lights. i have been unable to find any directions on how to remove and replace the switch. if i could come across a diagram of this part it woul be very helpful. cant seem to find one...
  • 1999 Hyundai Accent
    Visitor, Kansas City, MO, September 10, 2011 09:48
    I have my Accent back from my son after 8 years and can't find the steering wheel tilt adjustment. Of course I did not get the manual back. Can you help please. tamarajudds@yahoo.com
    Visitor, Sanford, FL, August 16, 2011 17:09
    Compressor is gone on a 2004 hyundai Accent, this is way too soon on a seven year car. never heard buying a brand new car part don't last much anymore. unsatified with this Brand.
    Visitor, Las Vegas, NV, July 29, 2011 15:05
    I bought a used 4 door Accent with automatic transmission with overdrive for my wife and I think it is a great little car. The main complaint that I have is that it takes a very long time for the A/C to get cool. After starting the car and turning on the air I have to drive about 15 minutes before the compressor kicks in and the air blows cold. Here in Las Vegas that is a serious inconvenience. I do love the overdrive. I use the overdrive for better gas mileage. However, when driving 15 south to California there are some long steep climbs so the car keeps downshifting and uppshifting to maintain speed. When I click the button to disengage the overdrive I have all of the constant steady power I need to get over the hill and I love it.
    Visitor, Cranford, NJ, April 02, 2011 11:50
    I just got this car used and ever since I got it there has been something else wrong. Could be model or the previous owner I am not 100% sure. However main problems I am dealing with now include airbag light constantly on and replacing the coils in the engine.
    Visitor, Dekalb, IL, March 30, 2011 00:44
    Perfect car for me. Great gas mileage. Full time student and full time work. I drive about 50 miles a day. I have the hatchback and stun people with what I can fit in it. Getting ready to replace the clutch for the first time and I am at 150,000 miles. Worth every penny.
    Visitor, Austin, TX, February 22, 2011 09:10
    Have owned this used for 3yrs now (usually drive trucks, minivans, larger vehicles). Parts are extremely cheap to buy from the right source (not the dealer). I've had 3 door handles break internally, all in the same place, replaced them (PITA). @86,000 miles and still get 34-35mpg at 75mph on the interstate. turned out to be a better deal than I thought but the drawback that being a cheap import is interior noise, fit/finish, missing features (cruise control, but has electric windows...go figure). no complaints otherwise and I plan to drive it as a commuter vehicle until the wheels fall off.
    Visitor, Searsport, ME, November 14, 2010 04:47
    Exhaust keeps on braking, engine light comes on all the time, good in the witer with snow tires, great gas mpg.
  • 2000 Hyundai Accent
    Visitor, Chicago, IL, November 14, 2010 04:42
    Can't really stand my car the engine light keeps coming on even after getting it fixed, there's always another problem arising with this car. Really tired of it. The only plus is good milage!
    bazzell, Parkersburg, WV, September 24, 2010 18:54
    not to bad just dont get one with salvage title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    catt60, Normal, IL, September 15, 2010 11:23
    I really haven't had a major problem with my accent. The in city rating sucks but when driving on the interstate I had much better mileage.
    Visitor, Glendale, AZ, August 19, 2010 09:02
    this car its just a waste of money
    Visitor, Fenton, MO, June 20, 2010 06:52
    The accent has good acceleration, and corners well enough for a car its size. The shifting of the transmission can be a little hard, if you over accelerate. The inside is quite roomy for a car of it's size. The insturments are all well placed and very visible. Great car for women, or for people in their 20's.
  • 2009 Hyundai Accent
    Benzzzz, New York, NY, March 25, 2010 23:22
    superb car in the world
  • 2007 Hyundai Accent
    MrTony8, Gulf Breeze, FL, December 27, 2009 05:55
    Check engine light comes on sporadically, dealer wants to keep it to work on it. I don't have the time. I can nurse 41 mpg (5 spd) w/o using A/C, around 37 mpg in summer. For go to work transportation it can not be topped. Drives and rides like a larger car. My Lexus is not worth the extra money over this car.
    reesetcr123, Columbus, OH, November 09, 2009 06:55
    this car has been gr8. i have a hatchback and it gr8 for moving things around. the only problem i have had is something sounds lose in the back of my car and i can't seem to find what it is. and sometime when i get on the freeway my car take a long time shafting into the last gear. it take sometime 5min. to get there.other then that i love it.
  • 2006 Hyundai Accent
    Uncle Ruby, Saint Charles, MO, July 16, 2009 12:25
    This is a great little car that I just love to drive. Gas mileage is about 30 city and 35 highway. I bought it in March of 2006 and not one bit of trouble yet. Drives smooth on the highway too. A/C is nice and cool in the hot weather. I have the 4-door GLS, automatic with power windows, radio, CD player and nice fold down back seat for more storage. It is the best car I have had and the first foreign call that I've had. Hyundai makes a great little car. I bet the Elantra is good too.
    jdgardella, Buffalo, NY, April 09, 2009 12:34
    Excellent car! Great MPG! Gets you where you’re going at an affordable price. I’ve had very few problems. If you need a 25K dollar car…buy one. If you need a ride to work, pick up a Hyundai.