Hyundai Accent Reviews

Hyundai Accent Reviews and Owner Comments

I'm just replying to those with coil replacement problem. Watch this tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFWnHgrhTho the job is DYI and no more than 5 mins a coil. All you need is 10 mm sock and wrench and new coil from ebay/amazon. Don't waste your money on dealers
i have a 95 hyaundai and ive done everything in that car that ive ever done to any 4wd i know these are very reliable cars
I bought used with about 40,000 mi. I know you're all having coil trouble and you keep paying for coil replacement. I have what sounds like the same trouble about every 4000-8000 miles. I've just been changing the plugs and that seems to do the trick. There must be a deeper problem that's causing the issue. If anyone knows more, please let me know. The only other problem is that the spring to help the gasoline door to pop open when you pull the lever is missing so sometimes it won't open unless you help it. I do everything I can to get good fuel mileage. In the cold Minnesota winter, I get from 25-30 mpg. In the summer, I get about 27-36.
Have had coil problems on this 2011 Hyundai Accent every since I got it. There needs to be a recall on these with all these reviews on coil problems.Shame on you hyundai I will never purchase anything from them again and will advice others not to as well.
Brake switch recall can help you with this.
this is a great car for your money .It gets you where you want to go and then some.
rust on body under doors
Bought a 2011 Accent brand new and have had to get coil changed 3 times now. I will never buy a Hyundai again this is costing me a fortune. I did all preventive maintenance and paid over $600 this month just in that. Of course the coils keep failing repeatedly after my warranty is up, and i have to pay $160 every time. I believe it is time to go back to Chevy
I paid $2500 for my 2002 Hyundai with 78,000+ miles six years ago. I have put very little into repairs, serpentine belt, check engine light, tires, and it still runs like a champ. In town mileage is not so great, especially running the a/c (in AZ), but the day I bought it and drove it 600 miles home, I got 42 mpg! This is absolutely the best $2500 I've ever spent and it only has 110K miles on it now. Oil changes have been managed at least once a year, and otherwise, little maintenance done except washing and cleaning. Great car in my opinion and it's paid for! Registration and insurance is a piece of cake too.
Since I bought this car I have had issues with the same thing this is my 5 th time with the same problem. The ignition coils have failed. All 4 of them have been replaced and this 5th time 2 broke and my car is no longer under warranty and the dealer is trying to charge $450 to replace the 2 ignition coils. I hate this care what a mistake buying this car and sad thing is I am still paying monthly for it.
I also have had the same issue with the coil packs/ignition coil. Have had to replace now going on the 3rd time and of course no warranty. Also the Fort Wayne Hyundai Happy Car Store Service Department is a horrible place to go, I will not buy another one.
A/C is so loud you can't hear anything when on high. Interior is mostly some sort of cheap imitation rubber/plastic. Cushion for seats are terrible. Keeping aligned is impossible always pulling to one side. Extremely rough ride. Noisy interior from road noise. Do like the option of electronic shift and great gas mileage.sound system sucks. BT horrible at listening or identifying speech and names from address book . Give it a overall rating of 2.7 if that exists.
I bought my 2002 Accent GL 1.6 DOHC A/T and have had no real problems until the speed sensors and pulse generators have gone out. I have replaced them several different times and still every 1- 1/2 to 2 years the problem occurs again. Even now I have to make an appointment to fix them again. Basically the car doesn't want to shift right. The first time it happened was driving 65 miles an hour and had a huge clunking noise--now it is not wanting to shift out of 1st gear or shift at all. The rpms go up but it doesn't shift. I started having problems more when I turned on A/C 4 to 5 years ago. The mechanics have told me I could replace the computer or electrical harness but not sure if it would fix my cars problems. It is easier and cheaper to just repair sensors, could they be shorting out of something else? Anyone else having problems like this? The only other problem I have had is that the radio/cd player has shorted out-I get error codes Err 01 or Err 02, still works unless you hit a bump and it switches between radio and cd player. Mileage was very good highway but city driving sucked.
Bought this car new. Was driving 150 miles a day back and forth to work. Needed a cheap car that had a long warranty as I was racking up miles on car I was driving pretty quick. Did normal maintenance up to 35k miles. Took to dealer with a/c problem. Compressor bad, headlights peeling chrome inside, trans slip in 3rd gear. Repaired all but the trans. Was told to drive it till trans went out and get it replaced. 55k now and still slips. Other than that, been a good car. Averages 35mpg on highway.
The 2011 Accent we purchased has had to be taken for service three times for engine coil failures in the past six months. My advice is to pass up any used 2011 Accents.
i nave no reverse and wish they have a recall. its a known problem that they wont fix at all
I live in a cold, winter salted area of USA. That said, from the day I bought my car, there is a belt squeel when I start it in wet or winter conditions. Have brought it in more than one time over the years and all have said it is just water condensation(it does stop after being driven for a while). But years later the same noise is present and it is very annoying! The breaks also squeel when first started. The hood of my car has almost rusted through in one spot, and I've never had a car rust so fast. The electrical is also not working correctly as the clock has goes on and off on it's own at will and the airbag stays lit. The car is wonderful on gas and other than the problems above it has been a very reliable vehicle for 7 years! I would recommend it as a second vehicle or a vehicle for around the town but it is much to small for a family and for people who are taller in stature. I have for the most part been very happy with it!
There was a recall of this car below is the proof. You should check things out before u say there is no recall's. As u can see it says these malfunctions can lead to crashes. http://www.internetautoguide.com/10-12-2005-33-267/2005-hyundai-accent-recalls.html Recall Summary HYUNDAI IS RECALLING 3,011 MODEL YEAR 2005-2007 ELANTRA, TUCSON, SONATA, AZERA AND ACCENT VEHICLES. A MALFUNCTIONING STOP LAMP SWITCH MAY CAUSE THE BRAKE LIGHTS TO FAIL TO ILLUMINATE WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS DEPRESSED OR MAY CAUSE THE BRAKE LIGHTS TO REMAIN ILLUMINATED WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS RELEASED. A DEFECTIVE STOP LAMP SWITCH MAY ALSO AFFECT THE OPERATION OF THE BRAKE-TRANSMISSION SHIFT INTERLOCK FEATURE SO THE TRANSMISSION WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE SHIFT OUT OF THE "PARK" POSITION. IT MAY ALSO CAUSE THE ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL (ESC) MALFUNCTION LIGHT TO ILLUMINATE, AND IT MAY NOT DEACTIVATE THE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS DEPRESSED. Consequence ANY OF THESE MALFUNCTIONS COULD LEAD TO A CRASH. Remedy DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE STOP LAMP SWITCH FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON SEPTEMBER 2, 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HYUNDAI OF PUERTO RICO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 1-787-999-4310.
My Accent while driving the battery indicator lit up. Since I had no repair place on the way I proceeded and when came up a steep the car did not pull through. I had to reverse back and proceed back to the nearest place and since it is a remote place I charged the battery and proceeded. The place I am is at has no electrical repair person to see to it. I shook the fuses and the connection plug to the alternator and started the car, it started and the indicator light was not showing, so the battery was charging ok. I ran the engine idle for half an hour. Later after about half an hour I restarted the engine and found the same problem, battery light indicator. Can some person give me some advise urgent to repair this problem.
Bought 2002 1.5 liter Accent new in fall of 2001. Now have 207,000 miles on it. Have replaced only tires, cylinder on hydraulic clutch ($30) and all four wheel bearings (done myself because I have driven it several times for many many miles on rutty old dirt and gravel roads) Also replaced rusted out exhaust. I don't love the car, but it has served me very very well. Still original brakes, clutch etc. Shift linkage has never been quite right from the beginning. (hard to downshift into 2nd and rolling shift down into 1st is very hard) Overall I could not have asked for a better cheap utilitarian vehicle. I just developed the classic fuel fill-up problem which I now have to look into. (service station fuel pump stops repeatedly due to some blockage in the fuel tank's emission control system)(Charcoal cannister or related hardware) Overall I have had a very good Hyundai experience based on economy.
I own 2 of the 2008 Accents, different colors is the only difference in them. recently the brake lights have went out on both cars. they are equipped with the third brake light too. I have checked bulbs, fuses. i've heard there is a switch under the brake pedal that effects the lights. i have been unable to find any directions on how to remove and replace the switch. if i could come across a diagram of this part it woul be very helpful. cant seem to find one...
I have my Accent back from my son after 8 years and can't find the steering wheel tilt adjustment. Of course I did not get the manual back. Can you help please. tamarajudds@yahoo.com
Compressor is gone on a 2004 hyundai Accent, this is way too soon on a seven year car. never heard buying a brand new car part don't last much anymore. unsatified with this Brand.
I bought a used 4 door Accent with automatic transmission with overdrive for my wife and I think it is a great little car. The main complaint that I have is that it takes a very long time for the A/C to get cool. After starting the car and turning on the air I have to drive about 15 minutes before the compressor kicks in and the air blows cold. Here in Las Vegas that is a serious inconvenience. I do love the overdrive. I use the overdrive for better gas mileage. However, when driving 15 south to California there are some long steep climbs so the car keeps downshifting and uppshifting to maintain speed. When I click the button to disengage the overdrive I have all of the constant steady power I need to get over the hill and I love it.
I just got this car used and ever since I got it there has been something else wrong. Could be model or the previous owner I am not 100% sure. However main problems I am dealing with now include airbag light constantly on and replacing the coils in the engine.
Perfect car for me. Great gas mileage. Full time student and full time work. I drive about 50 miles a day. I have the hatchback and stun people with what I can fit in it. Getting ready to replace the clutch for the first time and I am at 150,000 miles. Worth every penny.
Have owned this used for 3yrs now (usually drive trucks, minivans, larger vehicles). Parts are extremely cheap to buy from the right source (not the dealer). I've had 3 door handles break internally, all in the same place, replaced them (PITA). @86,000 miles and still get 34-35mpg at 75mph on the interstate. turned out to be a better deal than I thought but the drawback that being a cheap import is interior noise, fit/finish, missing features (cruise control, but has electric windows...go figure). no complaints otherwise and I plan to drive it as a commuter vehicle until the wheels fall off.
Exhaust keeps on braking, engine light comes on all the time, good in the witer with snow tires, great gas mpg.
Can't really stand my car the engine light keeps coming on even after getting it fixed, there's always another problem arising with this car. Really tired of it. The only plus is good milage!
not to bad just dont get one with salvage title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!