Problems for specific Hyundai Sonata years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported 2005 Hyundai Sonata problems

Verified for the Hyundai Sonata

Parking lights not turning off intermittently or all the time. The common problem is with the cabin fuse box.  Complete replacement of the assembly is necessary to fix the problem.

29 Reports

Verified for the Hyundai Sonata

Problems with the accelerator pedal position switch may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate; an improved switch is available to fix this problem.

44 Reports

Verified for the Hyundai Sonata

Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.

1 Report

43 Reports

Verified for the Hyundai Sonata

The timing belt can fail prematurely; if it fails while driving, it can cause catastrophic damage to the engine. Be sure that the timing belt is inspected and replaced according to the manufacturer's recommended schedule.

1 Report

Verified for the Hyundai Sonata

On the 2.7L V6 and 2.4L 4 Cylinder, a defective exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) switching valve may cause an intermittent rough or unstable idle engine.

50 Reports

Reported by Cricket777 and 2 others for the Hyundai Sonata

I had my car to many mechanics and replaced many parts when my temp gauge kept reading hot, but it actually wasn't. A master tech finally listened to me and went directly to the problem. The manufacturer had not installed one of my ground wires to the engine. That explains why I kept going through batteries and headlight bulbs. Finally the issue got to my temp gauge and my window motor. Not having that ground, my car was handling it in oth...

3 Reports