2000 Hyundai Elantra Problem Reports

Newest 2000 Hyundai Elantra Problem Reports

A failing vapor canister purge valve may cause the Check Engine Light to illuminate. This valve is part of the evaporative (EVAP) emission control system.

This is more of a nuisance than a severe mechanical problem: my headlight lens both have filmed over. Light output to the road has decreased as a result. I checked out numerous headlight lens cleaners and polishers, but nothing guaranteed a solution. I saw that some kits contained a high grit sandpaper. I decided to experiment, as my lights couldn't get any worse, and used some Bon Ami on a wet cloth and rubbed the lens vigorously. It wo...

My power windows won't work. Power locks function well but the buttons for my windows won't.

If the automatic transmission does not shift properly and the Check Engine Light illuminates, the speed sensors in the transmission may have failed. The sensors are simple and inexpensive to replace.

Prior to replacing the automatic transmission fluid (to improve shift quality), make sure that the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, make sure the computer that controls the transmission has the most up-to-date adaptive programming information. When servicing these transmissions be sure to use fluid approved by Hyundai.