I have a 93 Saturn 5 speed. I don't know the cars repair history cause I've only had it for 9months. Over the past few months it has become more & more difficult to shift into 1st & sometimes 2nd gear. Now in the last few days it has lost alot of power, when I let out the clutch pedal trying to increase speed the R.P.M.s increase alot but the car doesn't speed up. Its even worse trying to get it going from a stop. The feeling in the clutch pedal hasn't changed. I cant find where to check the hydrolic clutch fluid (Owners manual says it has hydrolic clutch)would it be in with the brake fluid? Would low hydrolic fluid cause it to feel like it needs a new clutch? including the loss of power when trying to increase speed while already moving such as going from 3rd to 4th gear? Is there a way to know for sure if it could be the clutch fluid or cylinder, rather than the clutch assembly before taking it to a repair shop? I'm dissabled and have a very small income. Guess I'm a bit "gun shy" about repair shops. I feel like the word "sucker" must be stamped on my forehead.
hydrolic clutch fluid master cylinder or new clutch? on 1993 Saturn SC1
Asked by for the 1993 Saturn SC1
This week's top 10
Recent Saturn SC1 Questions
- There is a real bad jerk when I put car in reverse and sometimes while driving.
- My car lost all coolant, why would my freeze plug blow?
- I'll remove. The. Radio car don't Start ??? Does it have anti-DEF
- I have a noise under the passenger floor that is a light steady clunking
- How to repair 2002 Sc1, dashboard lights being out
1993 Saturn SC1 Estimates
- Water Pump Replacement ($271 - $419) in New Palestine, IN
- AC Condenser Replacement ($458 - $541) in Rockport, TX
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($424 - $717) in Centennial, CO
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($279 - $351) in Lynn, AL
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($257 - $279) in Lonedell, MO
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($979 - $1,032) in Cabazon, CA