Honda Q&A

1990 Honda Accord Question: Hydraulic clutch still giving me problems

tipple_1999, Apple Creek, OH, May 12, 2009, 10:15

I replaced all the lines, master cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch and flywheel. But the clutch petal keeps sticking to the floor! I bleed it and its good for a day and then its back to being sticky again.. Now its so bad it wont go into any gear.....any suggestions?

• Medium-star Best Answer
    May 15, 2009, 16:33

Most cars have a return spring on the clutch pedal which pushes the clutch pedal back up from the floor. Try looking under the dash to see if the return spring is damaged or the clutch pedal is binging on its pivot point.

tipple_1999, May 18, 2009, 18:03

I looked at that and it all looks really new....I tried to bleed the fluid and it wont even bleed. I am guessing I was sold a bad master cylinder.

Visitor, June 02, 2011, 09:20

My 1994 Ford Explorer gave me the same problem with no warning. Everything was changed but the mechanic found after he couldn't bleed it, air had accumulated in the line between the master and slave cylinder. He is now going to change that hose and hopefully it will work again. I was told by another great mechanic that it all could of been avoided if that hose was changed instead. Good Luck