I was driving my car and it just killed after getting it to the house I could see water leaking out from underneath the car the car wont crank,So I just recently had a mechanic to look at it he says its the engine.I dont know much of anything about cars so my question is how can I be sure that its really my engine could you determine that even without the car cranked?
How to tell if the engine needs to be rebuilt on 1999 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 1999 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
- Engine starts fine but it won’t shift into any gear. Panel light also does not
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($571 - $1,174) in Arnold, MI
- Brake Pad Replacement ($193 - $244) in Godfrey, IL
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($290 - $444) in Loysville, PA
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Makinen, MN
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($265 - $279) in Mount Carmel, UT
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($515 - $1,005) in Danbury, NC