Do I need to purchase the felpro housing gasket as well as the thermostat? The new Tstat comes with its own seal, and the auto parts guys don't stock the housing gasket. This tells me that the metal flange/housing that the radiator hose connects to is the only thing to remove and this does not require a gasket since the tstat has its own seal/ Is this correct?
How to replace thermostat on 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by Johnny Mopar ,
September 30, 2010
There is a rubber seal which surrounds the outer portion of the thermostat. This is what seals the thermostat housing. You do not need an additional gasket.
1 answerDecember 08, 2013
1 answerDecember 13, 2011
1 answerSeptember 03, 2010
1 answerApril 03, 2010
1 answerFebruary 16, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 1500 Questions
- How to get my truck to crank it turns over but won't start I've try all I know
- Engine shaking and white smoke coming from muffler , what could cause this ?
- it runs until it gets hot then it dies and if let it sit for a while it starts
- When the heater is on and I switch from vent to defroster AC pump comes on is This normal?
- were does the long bolts go on the waterpump.