Do I need to purchase the felpro housing gasket as well as the thermostat? The new Tstat comes with its own seal, and the auto parts guys don't stock the housing gasket. This tells me that the metal flange/housing that the radiator hose connects to is the only thing to remove and this does not require a gasket since the tstat has its own seal/ Is this correct?
How to replace thermostat on 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Asked by for the 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Johnny Mopar ,
September 30, 2010
There is a rubber seal which surrounds the outer portion of the thermostat. This is what seals the thermostat housing. You do not need an additional gasket.
1 answerDecember 08, 2013
1 answerDecember 13, 2011
1 answerSeptember 03, 2010
1 answerApril 03, 2010
1 answerFebruary 16, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 1500 Questions
- How much do I have to drive the car for the drive cycle?
- I have a 98 ram 1500 and seems to lack power but not missing or bogging rpm will
- How to diagnose and repair a p0441 obdll code that goes on and off
- I have a 02 dodge ram 4.7. Gauges won't light up. Crank no start.
- What can I do to make my speedometer sensor work
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Estimates
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Westport, MA
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($221 - $688) in Linwood, NE
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($700 - $979) in Adams Basin, NY
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - $61) in Signal Mountain, TN
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - $67) in Cynthiana, KY
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($264 - $282) in Elkader, IA