how to replace lower beam headlight
by Visitor in Topeka, KS on September 12, 2010
1. Open the hood.
2. Remove the upper filler panel by loosening all the
screws and then removing the grommets.
3. Remove the two bolts fastening the headlamp to the
headlamp mounting bracket.
4. Pull the headlamp straight forward to disengage the
locator pin at the outboard edge of the headlamp.
5. To replace the low-beam bulb, first remove the
rubber housing cover on the rear of the lamp.
6. Then, turn the bulb socket counterclockwise to
unlock the socket from the lamp housing.
7. Remove the headlamp bulb socket.
8. After removing the wiring harness connector from
the headlamp bulb socket, replace the bulb
assembly. Reconnect it to the wiring harness and
reinstall the headlamp bulb assembly back into the
9. After reinstalling the bulb and socket, reinstall the
rubber cover. Make sure it fully covers the
10. To replace the high-beam bulb, turn the bulb socket
counterclockwise to unlock the socket from the
lamp housing. Follow the instructions in Step 6
through 8 to install the new bulb.
11. Reinstall the upper filler panel by inserting the
grommets, along with the screws, back into
I copied this straight from the owners manual. But the instructions really make more sense with the pictures. If you don't have the owners manual and want one, you should really have it. You can download one free here: