how to replace ball joints on 1991 volvo 940 turbo wagon
Volvo Q&AAsk Your Question
1991 Volvo 940 Question: how to replace ball joints on 1991 volvo 940
Answer #1ZeeTech December 22, 2010, 18:14Master
It goes like this:
1. Raise and support vehicle.
2. Remove sway bar link to control arm attaching bolt.
3. Remove ball joint stud cotter pin and nut.
4. Press ball joint out of control arm using ball joint removal tool No. 5259 or equivalent.
5. Remove ball joint to strut attaching bolts, then press control arm down and remove ball joint.
6. Reverse procedure to install. Torque to specifications.