Popups: How to Pick a Repair Shop or Dealership
To ensure you find and receive high quality work from a repair shop or dealership, look for the following:
- Training and certification of technicians
- Have they been factory-trained by the automaker?
- Have they been certified by the ASE?
- Is it an ASE Blue Seal shop?
- What type of parts will they be using on your vehicle?
- Do they use the original parts (OEM) manufactured for your vehicle?
- Look for other quality parts such as those provided by ACDelco, Bosch, CARQUEST, NAPA, OReilly, etc.
- Look for a lifetime warranty on all installed parts
- Is the shop or dealership a member of any high quality consumer or trade organizations?
- AAA, ASA, ASCCA, ATRA, BBB, NADA
- Does certification or membership provide a comprehensive warranty on the parts and labor of their work?
- Does the shop or dealership have positive customer reviews?
- Look for consistent, credible, and authentic feedback from multiple sources over time
- Does the repair shop or dealership offer a warranty on parts and labor?
- The longer the warranty, the more trust a business has in their employees and parts