my 1996 dodge ram 1500 is over heating sitting still and going down the road i have replace (in the past 3 days) radiator, water pump, thermostat, and radiator cap. i have rented a block tester from auto zone and tested to see if there was any combustion fumes in the radiator to see if a head was cracked or if a gasket was bad it came up negative so im clear as far as that goes (i hope) well since i have replaced all those parts we have tested it numerous times to see how far it would overheat and it still does but my brother in law seems to think that since we ran it hot again and again we mite need to replace the thermostat one more time see we will try that this weekend my dad seems to think that my radiator needs to be from the dealer ship i doubt thats the problem since i just replaced the radiator. so im asking if anyone knows or has a solution to my problem its still running hot hoses are fine all new parts (as in new cooling system) and it still wants to overheat. i have thought about this when we go to replace the thermostat again this weekend to take a water hoses and run it through the thermostat housing and see if it will push anything that mite be clogging the motor up is that safe and or ok? any help would be much appreciated thank you all for your time and advise
how to fix my 1996 dodge ram from overheating on 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 1500 Questions
- Turns over but doesn't start on first try and getting worse.
- How much do I have to drive the car for the drive cycle?
- I have a 98 ram 1500 and seems to lack power but not missing or bogging rpm will
- How to diagnose and repair a p0441 obdll code that goes on and off
- I have a 02 dodge ram 4.7. Gauges won't light up. Crank no start.
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Estimates
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($42 - $60) in Bedford, NY
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($250 - $362) in Bennet, NE
- PCV Valve Replacement ($32 - $46) in Palestine, IL
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($178 - $352) in Powersite, MO
- Engine Mount Replacement ($298 - $369) in Bastrop, LA
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - $67) in Scarsdale, NY