changed oil light still on how do we clear it on 2002 olds bravada
Oldsmobile Q&AAsk Your Question
2002 Oldsmobile Bravada Question: how to clear change oil indicator
Answer #1Jim Taddei January 18, 2011, 15:50Master
There are two different oil life reset procedures for your 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada, one for with a driver information center and one for without:
With the Driver Information Center (DIC):
1. Press the fuel information button until ENGINE OIL LIFE appears in the display.
2. To reset the monitor, press and hold the select button while ENGINE OIL LIFE is displayed.
Without the Driver Information Center (DIC):
1. Turn the ignition key to RUN, with the engine off.
2. Full press and release the accelerator pedal slowly 3 times within 5 seconds.
3. If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL light flashes for five seconds, the system is reset. If the light does not flash. repeat the procedure.
4. Turn the key to LOCK.
If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL light comes back on when you start the vehicle, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.