never did it before. can you walk me through it. what size sockets do i need?
Mitsubishi Q&AAsk Your Question
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Question: How to change spark plugs in 2004 mitsubishi lancer sportback 2.4L engine
Answer #1Greg's Orange Auto (12205 Answers) , Orange, CA - (714) 361-9386globalhelper February 14, 2013, 13:05Master
Answer #2csubak30 February 14, 2013, 13:26Master
Tools: 3/8-inch ratchet, extension and sockets, Spark plug socket, Replacement spark plugs, Spark plug gapping tool.
1) Open hood. Use ratchet and socket to unbolt the spark plug wire cover on the center of the engine if you have one.
2) Pull up the far right spark plug wire by gripping it at the boot and pulling up with a twisting motion.
3) Remove the spark plug with 3/8 rathet, extension, and spark plug socket.
4) Use gapping tool to gap plug to size listed in your owner's manual. Adjust as needed.
5) Install new plug with 3/8 ratchet, extension and spark plug socket. Push boot back on till you hear or feel a pop, this indicates it is locked in place.
6) Repeat process one wire at a time to minimize confusing the wires.