I'm a Canadian but using my Clearwater Fl., Zip Code because I don't where the site is to register my complaint in Canada. I have owned GM product approx (30)since 1978 along with a few cadillacs one of which I ordered brand new from the factory.This one leaked oil on new garage floor from day one and GM dealer never fixed it. I took it back about 6 times and to no avail they even said they did a dye test on it. I ended up in small car mechanic shop only to find out the wrong pan gasket was installed on it from the factory. I now have a 2008 yukon slt and at 37000 km one of my locks in the back stopped working completely and of course I only noticed that that was happening because i thought that it was myself not pressing twice and doing something wrong and would press again and it would work. I was told that it was no longer under warrantie after 30000km. At 72000 the second door lock unit started to give me a problem same of the first one sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.The only thing now I am smart enough to know after the last experience.I hate to think of how many times my yukon was left unlocked while thinking it was. It is hard to imagine that GM won't step up to the plate and admit there is a problem and that the equipment is faulty. God only knows when the day will come when I can't unlock the car at all from the outside.This should be classified as a security issue and could prove fatal in the event of an accident needing to exit the vehicule fast by all 4 doors.all I have to say is that I have been a lot more loyal to GM than they have been to me. This is the straw that broke my confidence in the product. I don't want to go back to the dealer to be told the warrantie is over and I don't want to give them the satisfaction of paying them $100.00 an hr for a faulty part.That's being taken as a sucker. If GM only warrantie their entry mechanism for 30000 km then I don't want the product anymore. I am almost due to trade and I guarantie it is going to be another car maker. I can write a book on problems I encountered through the years as a business man and no time to fight back in many instances. How do I access the rear door mechanism.
how to access the elecronic lock mechanism in a 2008 yukon on 2008 GMC Yukon
Asked by for the 2008 GMC Yukon
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Yukon Questions
- I have a 99 GMC Yukon and I keep getting fault codes p0101, p0171, p0174 codes.
- I get code P0301 Cylinder 1 misfire but no check engine light.
- My yukon starts to get hot when i sit in traffic or pull my boat with a/c runing
- Dont know whats wrong makes loke a rubing sound and then tump frou nt end
- can i switch out my 245/70 R17 for 275/45 R20
2008 GMC Yukon Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($508 - $634) in Maxwell, NM
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($140 - $185) in Corral, ID
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($97 - $126) in Penn, ND
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($304 - $461) in Buena Park, CA
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($684 - $768) in Hudson, KY
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($95 - $111) in Pocono Lake Preserve, PA