TRANSMISSION ISSUE: There is an "issue" with the automatic transmission. If you have a knowledge of transmissions, this could be any easy fix. It seems that the "D" gear in the transmission does not want to engage. You can start moving forward in D2, and then when you get to 3500 rpm, you can shift into drive.
how much will it cost to fix a tranmission on 1996 nissan altima sedan? on 1996 Nissan Altima
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Altima Questions
- Front end shaky at highway speed, tires balanced recently,not a smooth ride
- how much is it to fix a push to start issue on a 2009 nissan altima
- Can’t shut off 1998 Nissan Altima’s alarm
- Engine cranks but will not start. Fob battery good.
- BLUE SMOKE WHEN I TURN IT ON. COULD BE A PISTON RING? HOW MUCH TO REPAIR?
1996 Nissan Altima Estimates
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Tylersville, PA
- Timing Belt Replacement ($386 - 513) in North Matewan, WV
- Brake Booster Replacement ($417 - 750) in Brodhead, WI
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($323 - 411) in Burlingham, NY
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($468 - 726) in Evergreen Park, IL
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($417 - 571) in Hutchins, TX