2003 passat 1.8 engine with tiptronic auto and 96,000 suburban miles shudders when coming to a stop. VW shop change fluid and claimed it was brown like something was burning and said I needed a new transmission and that VW does not repair transmissions.
1) Can I get a new torque converter without a new transmission
2) can a rebuilt tranmission be used?
2a) Do aftermarker additives work to reduce TC slippage
3) Is this a common problem i.e. should transmissions fail at 96k
4) How much to replace the tranmission (or torque converter)
5) Have the 2003 Passat's had issues
6) Can anyone do this type of repair or should only a VW/Audi tech do this type of repair