My Jeep has been awesome - I'm not complaining. I've had it for going on 10 years and it has over 170,000 miles on it - so I expect some necessary repairs. I had the idle and bad start-up problem - it was a coil system in the spark plugs and all were changed & problem gone ($287). When they were repairing that, the guy said I have a pretty bad leak around the pinions in my shift differential (hope I repeated that correctly). He quoted me between $800-$1100 - does that sound right? Seems like alot of money to me!
How much to repair the shift differential leak? on 2004 Jeep Liberty
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Liberty Questions
- My heat stopped working, topped off the coolant and still no heat.
- Vibration coming from the rear and a little noise and vibration
- Why does my jeep make a crackling noise,and the 4x4 lever is loose
- Jeep died while driving, and wouldn't start again.
- 2012 Jeep Liberty Latitude 4x4 rolled 150 yards backwards into an Elm Tree while