My Jeep has been awesome - I'm not complaining. I've had it for going on 10 years and it has over 170,000 miles on it - so I expect some necessary repairs. I had the idle and bad start-up problem - it was a coil system in the spark plugs and all were changed & problem gone ($287). When they were repairing that, the guy said I have a pretty bad leak around the pinions in my shift differential (hope I repeated that correctly). He quoted me between $800-$1100 - does that sound right? Seems like alot of money to me!
How much to repair the shift differential leak? on 2004 Jeep Liberty
Asked by for the 2004 Jeep Liberty
- How Much is Your Car Actually Costing You Each Year? Figure it Out with the New RepairPal Cost Index.
- Throttle Position Sensor Symptoms and Repair Advice
- Understanding Tire Pressure and the Dangers of Under- and Over-Inflating
- Buying Car Tires: When, Where, and How
- 5 Steps to Finding a Great Auto Repair Shop
This week's top 10
2004 Jeep Liberty Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($70 - $153) in Alderpoint, CA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($109 - $216) in San Carlos, CA
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($76 - $128) in Isola, MS
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($416 - $521) in Bayou La Batre, AL
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($118 - $134) in Youngsville, NC
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($123 - $139) in Lannon, WI