I cant get it out of park unless i rock the truck back and forth while pulling the steering wheel. Also, up on ramps- we put it in gear and when we gave it gas, it made a rattling nose coming from the shaft I guess. It sometimes makes a noise in that area (where the transmission meets the shaft) like a gear slipped and grinded but the truck doesnt stop moving out of gear.
How much $$ to fix shaft?? Gets stuck in park a lot. on 2003 Ford Escape
Asked by for the 2003 Ford Escape
- Is Your Car Actually Safe This Winter? Winterizing Your Vehicle For Rain and Snow
- GM Recalling 1.5 Million Cars and Trucks for Wash Fluid Fire Fault
- How Much is Your Car Actually Costing You Each Year? Figure it Out with the New RepairPal Cost Index.
- Understanding Tire Pressure and the Dangers of Under- and Over-Inflating
- What You Should Do if You Get a Lemon
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escape Questions
- Liftgate glass ajar light is staying on on the dash
- How do you know if the the exhaust system is blocked?
- Anyone have the problem when I accelerate to 4,000 rpm car misses
- Transmission won't kick in after transmission and motor. Mount break
- my escape starts to run rough between 45m.ph & 60mph. but not all the time.
2003 Ford Escape Estimates
- Water Pump Replacement ($301 - $455) in Scioto Furnace, OH
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($75 - $145) in Colon, NE
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($93 - $151) in Waukee, IA
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Troy, SC
- Window Switch Replacement ($61 - $72) in Temple, NH
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($342 - $658) in Mapleton, ND