I cant get it out of park unless i rock the truck back and forth while pulling the steering wheel. Also, up on ramps- we put it in gear and when we gave it gas, it made a rattling nose coming from the shaft I guess. It sometimes makes a noise in that area (where the transmission meets the shaft) like a gear slipped and grinded but the truck doesnt stop moving out of gear.
How much $$ to fix shaft?? Gets stuck in park a lot. on 2003 Ford Escape
- Is Your Car Actually Safe This Winter? Winterizing Your Vehicle For Rain and Snow
- GM Recalling 1.5 Million Cars and Trucks for Wash Fluid Fire Fault
- How Much is Your Car Actually Costing You Each Year? Figure it Out with the New RepairPal Cost Index.
- Understanding Tire Pressure and the Dangers of Under- and Over-Inflating
- What You Should Do if You Get a Lemon
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escape Questions
- Throwing a Rich code p2196 p 2198
- Why would i have no stopping power with the brake pedal all the way depressed?
- I can't get the rear wiper motor to work.
- A/C compressor replaced twice in 6months 2nd time it worked for only 3 days.
- ABS and Road Traction lights go on at same time on and off. ,Brakes okay
2003 Ford Escape Estimates
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Scioto Furnace, OH
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Rear ($102 - $161) in Colon, NE
- Fuel Filter Change ($66 - $101) in Waukee, IA
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Troy, SC
- Window Switch Replacement ($355 - $403) in Temple, NH
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Mapleton, ND