I cant get it out of park unless i rock the truck back and forth while pulling the steering wheel. Also, up on ramps- we put it in gear and when we gave it gas, it made a rattling nose coming from the shaft I guess. It sometimes makes a noise in that area (where the transmission meets the shaft) like a gear slipped and grinded but the truck doesnt stop moving out of gear.
How much $$ to fix shaft?? Gets stuck in park a lot. on 2003 Ford Escape
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escape Questions
- also on the ford escape (2002)
- 2002 ford escape idles good accelerate goes up to 4 RPM then starts missing
- My car would not start in park, I put it in N and it started, what could it be?
- Esacoe ran hot and top hose was swelled up..wld the PVC cause that
- 4WD manual transmission popping out of third gear only?