Every time I was starting my engine, the motor would not run unless I would press the gas pedal. Sometimes I would have to keep the gas pedal pressed longer to keep the motor running. In the beginning of this issue this would happen at random. At the repair shop they told me they could not diagnose unless the car would not be running at all. I had to wait longer until this issued worsened and finally it was discovered the fuel pressure regulator was leaking and I had to also replace the main belt because it was kind of shot (they said). Thank you for your kindness in answering my question.
How much is to replace a fuel pressure regulator? on 1997 Ford Contour
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Contour Questions
- What causes my 95 v6 ford contour to (hum) when I start it it last for 10 sec...
- Coolant fan fuse #2 60a keeps blowing
- when I turn the key to start car key turns instrument panel lights on that's it
- Replaced fuel pump ecm and fuel pump regulator but it won't start. Checked fuses seems there are good. Car sat two yes fuel filter maybe? If ground not solid from ecm will that prevent starting?
- have a contour that is chugging and lurching have changed fuel filter and pump along with plugs and wires ran for two weeks and now won't crank