how do you set the door lock numbers
Lincoln Q&AAsk Your Question
2000 Lincoln Town Car Question: how do you set the door lock numbers
Answer #1Pvt-Public December 30, 2010, 11:52Master
I got this from page 78 of the owners manual. IF you don't have a manula you can download one free here:
Programming your own entry code
1. Enter the factory-set code (keypad will illuminate when pressed).
2. Press the 1/2 control within five seconds of step 1.
3. Enter your personal 5–digit code. Enter each digit within five seconds of the previous one.
4. Enter a sixth digit to indicate which personality feature should be recalled by the personal code.
² 1/2 recalls personality 1
² 3/4 recalls personality 2
² 9/0 does not recall a personality
All of the vehicle doors will lock and unlock to confirm programing of the new code. Each personality driver profile (personality 1 or personality 2) can associated with only one personal code. The factory-set code cannot be associated with a personality code. Do not set a code that includes five of the same number or presents them in sequential order. Thieves can easily figure out these types of codes. You can program up to three personal codes to unlock your vehicle.
These codes do not replace the permanent code that the dealership gave
Erasing personal code
To erase all of the personal entry codes programmed to a vehicle:
1. Enter the factory-set code.
2. Press 1/2 within 5 seconds of step 1.
3. Press and hold 1/2 for two seconds.