how do you replace the high side hose on the a/c I know you unbolt the one side on 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I don't understand how to disconnect it at the other end with the slide fitting

Asked by for the 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
You need a special tool for quick connect fittings. But please be aware, that if the system is charged you can get seriously hurt doing this. If it is empty you can do it yourself then have the system vaccumed down to check for leaks and remove the moisture, Then recharge. You can get the tools needed from local parts store loan-a-tool program, or to purchase.