Chevrolet Q&A

Ask Your Question

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Question: How do you change the hose to the radiator?



teresariley, San Angelo, TX, August 19, 2009, 14:29

Need to change the big hose that goes to the radiator!

1 Answer
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    August 20, 2009, 14:45

    Do you mean the big hose from the top of the engine to the radiator? A special tool is necessary to loosen the hose clamps. With the clamps loose just remove the hose and put the new one on - you can reuse the old clamps if they are OK or you can replace them. You will then need to refill the cooling system using a 50/50 mixture of red (dexcool) coolant and water.

    Flag This
Answer Ranks