Wife got stranded when she heard loud rattling noise and noticed coolant from under front of engine. Then we saw that serpentine belt runs off of water pump-fan pulley. When I put belt back on and re-tension, it runs 1-2 way off as soon as I start the engine. Possible for pulley to come loose and tilt down under pressure?
How do I troubleshoot water pump? With tension, serpentine runs off pulley. on 1997 BMW 740iL
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 740iL Questions
- My car won't crank over all the lights turn on and radio works.I tried jump cabl
- What causes key to spin freely in ignition an not start stop or be removed
- why is my car leaking oil from the oil filter?
- I need a new ignition switch but cant find one anywhere
- when radio/cd & nav device connected battery drains. Any ideas to remedy
1997 BMW 740iL Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($584 - 857) in Winnemucca, NV
- Heater Core Replacement ($944 - 1,180) in Moreno Valley, CA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($475 - 551) in Gladstone, OR
- Radiator Replacement ($529 - 682) in Rolfe, IA
- Battery Cable Replacement ($972 - 1,433) in Lawrenceville, VA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($404 - 461) in Beacon, NY