Wife got stranded when she heard loud rattling noise and noticed coolant from under front of engine. Then we saw that serpentine belt runs off of water pump-fan pulley. When I put belt back on and re-tension, it runs 1-2 way off as soon as I start the engine. Possible for pulley to come loose and tilt down under pressure?
How do I troubleshoot water pump? With tension, serpentine runs off pulley. on 1997 BMW 740iL
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 740iL Questions
- Lights don't work properly on 2001 740IL
- How much to fix timing belt
- My air condition working great and the car wouldn't start while checking how together my car started they were checking my fuses, when they got the car started my A/C want turn on at all! Would you please help me?
- Car starts & cuts off 2-3 times before it runs
- I recently purchased a used engine for my 2001 740il BMW it is a 99 540 series connected it using my wiring engine harness the wheel spinner and it sounded like it was trying to start but it didn't