Needs required factory service at 90,000 miles.
Volvo Q&AAsk Your Question
2005 Volvo XC90 Question: How do I reset engine message light for regular service.
Bret Bodas from RepairPal Test Shop, January 18, 2011, 09:34Master
Hi, try this:
1. Depress the odometer reset button
2. Turn key to ON position. (Don't start the engine)
3. Wait until the service reminder light/message starts flashing
4. Release odometer button
5. Turn key to OFF position
The main thing you're looking for is that message to flash, that indicates that it has been reset.
Answer #2ZeeTech January 18, 2011, 10:18Master
Bret just beat me to it.
Here is the instruction from Volvo:
Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 s each time the ignition is switched on.
Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):
* Ignition position I
* Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
* Ignition position II.
Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.
* Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.
Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.
* Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded
* If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.
Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.
ReplyVisitor, March 03, 2011, 22:30
I have a 2005 Volvo XC 90 2.5L 5 cylinder engine. I tried your method by doing the ignition position I and then to ignition position II etc... but it did not seem to work. I tried several times already. Any help you can offer. Thanks a lot. CLe
ReplyZeeTech, March 04, 2011, 05:38Master
Make sure all the doors, hood and trunk are closed. It should do the trick.