It's making a loud rattling noise and my voltmeter shows erratic charging from my alternator. I suspect the belt tensioner isn't doing its job of keeping the serpentine belt tight thereby causing slippage on the alt. pulley. Appreciate any comments and/or advice on how to change out the belt tensioner.
How do I replace the serpentine belt tensioner? on 2000 Chevrolet S10
1 answerAugust 04, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet S10 Questions
- My heater temp adjustment won't work in Winter but works in Summer.
- I have a 2000 2.2liter 4cyl s10, and its got oil in the airbox
- power mirrors will not work
- it will not start when the ambient temperature gets below 32 degrees.
- if gas guage doesn't move truck wont start.if gauge moves then truck will start
2000 Chevrolet S10 Estimates
- Starter Replacement ($355 - 493) in Rocky, OK
- Heater Control Valve Replacement ($134 - 207) in South Solon, OH
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Rear ($93 - 150) in Van Wyck, SC
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($889 - 1,122) in Bolingbrook, IL
- Active Suspension System Diagnosis & Testing ($26 - 34) in Capitol, MT
- Windshield Wiper Switch Replacement ($342 - 381) in Chestnut Hill, MA