» » »

Dodge Q&A

Ask Your Question

2001 Dodge Ram Van 2500 Question: How do i repair transmission when code 1740 torque converter fault shows up?



moonmike, 5.9L V8, Atlanta, GA, March 29, 2013, 12:25

Can I repair it or better left to mechanic?

3 Answers
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    March 29, 2013, 13:14

    unless you are familar with transmission removal that will get you to the torque converter it may be best to leave this to the professionals. This job can be time consuming for a novice.

    Flag This
  • Answer #2

    Greg's Orange Auto (15188 Answers) , Orange, CA - (714) 361-9386
    globalhelper March 29, 2013, 15:34

    seek a free diag from aamco then shop prices

    Flag This
  • Answer #3

    August 24, 2013, 06:14

    It's best left to a trans. shop because special tools are required and knowledge.

    Flag This