i need to get the fan clutch, the pulley, and the shaft out of the water pump... how do i do this?
Mazda Q&AAsk Your Question
2000 Mazda B3000 Question: how do i remove the water pump...
Answer #1goodguysdiesel from Good Guys Diesel, March 07, 2011, 14:24Journeyman
WATER PUMP REMOVAL / INSTALLATION
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Drain engine coolant.
3. Remove the air cleaner outlet tube.
4. Remove the cooling fan and fan shroud.
5. Disconnect coolant bypass tube.
6. Remove the drive belt.
7. Remove the water pump pulley.
8. Remove the two bolts from the A/C compressor mounting bracket.
9. Disconnect the lower radiator hose.
10. Remove the bolts and position the mounting bracket and A/C compressor aside.
11. Remove in order shown in figure.
2. Water Pump
12. Inspect all parts and repair or replace as necessary.
13. Install in reverse order of removal.
Water Pump Gasket Installation Note
1. Clean the sealing surfaces.
* Use care when scraping aluminum surfaces because gouging could form leak paths.
2. Apply sealant to both sides of gasket and place it on water pump.
Water Pump Installation Note
1. Install the water pump bolts. Tightening torque:
o 25 Nm (2.6 kgf.m, 18 ft. lbs.)
o 10 Nm (10.2 kgf.m, 7 ft. lbs.)
Steps After Procedure
1. Fill the radiator with the specified amount and type of engine coolant.
2. Connect negative battery cable.
3. Start engine and check for leaks.
4. Bleed the cooling system.