manual transmission on my lx has a bent end on the shift cable on the linkage to the tranny.trying to remove it for repair or replacement i am having trouble with the plastic twist lock thing holding the left cable to the sift lever/cable bracket inside the cab. i try to twist it counterclockwise and slide it through the opening on the side, but it wont budge. its removed from the lever. any tips so i dont break the finger tabs trying?
how do i remove the small shift cable on my manual transmission on 2000 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 2000 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- where does spring go on fuel filler door
- my car loses acceleration and then bucks catches and then lurches forward
- brake & tail lights stay on after car is off and lights are not turned on
- WHY: Car starts but stalls after 2 or 3 seconds. No check engine light.
- S light staying on, TCU blinking 4 long and then one short quick one?
2000 Honda Accord Estimates
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($43 - $94) in Centuria, WI
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($175 - $264) in Spring Brook, NY
- Windshield Washer Pump Replacement ($108 - $135) in Stoddard, WI
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($186 - $256) in Sag Harbor, NY
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($887 - $2,642) in Gonvick, MN
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($485 - $1,534) in Orford, NH