manual transmission on my lx has a bent end on the shift cable on the linkage to the tranny.trying to remove it for repair or replacement i am having trouble with the plastic twist lock thing holding the left cable to the sift lever/cable bracket inside the cab. i try to twist it counterclockwise and slide it through the opening on the side, but it wont budge. its removed from the lever. any tips so i dont break the finger tabs trying?
how do i remove the small shift cable on my manual transmission on 2000 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 2000 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- How do I remove a screw that fell into the steering column?
- My check engine light is on after replacing the plugs, ignition coils anf EGR
- does timing belt need to be changed
- AC blows hot on left side, cold on right side. Temp set same on both.
- Won't start has power, has pull back light switch start. Lights come on when off
2000 Honda Accord Estimates
- Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement ($79 - $99) in Centuria, WI
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($138 - $181) in Spring Brook, NY
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($298 - $526) in Stoddard, WI
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($262 - $449) in Sag Harbor, NY
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($154 - $262) in Gonvick, MN
- Battery Cable Replacement ($81 - $183) in Orford, NH