» » »

Ford Q&A

Ask Your Question

2000 Ford Windstar Question: How do I remove the bearing behind the axle shaft seal (front/pass.side)



bulldozerfun, 3.8L V6, Nashville, TN, February 17, 2012, 09:27

loud roaring/grinding sounds like its coming from the bearing thats on the transmission that the cv axle slides through(NOT THE WHEEL HUB)and what is that bearing called.

2 Answers
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    patrick mannion from Greg Solow's Engine Room, February 17, 2012, 14:33

    The part you describe on other cars is called the drive shaft or axle support bearing. There is a company that independent auto repair shops get their information from, this same information is available inexpensively for people that work on their own cars.. The information is year make and model specific, covering repair procedures, torque specifications, fluid capacities and specifications, service bulletins, component locations, wiring diagrams ect.... Alldata is very easy to navigate http://bit.ly/AllData_Repair_Manuals_Online

    Flag This
  • Answer #2

    only1bigcat from Up Front Automotive Service, February 17, 2012, 15:01

    the best thing I can recommend for a do it yourself guy is get the steering knuckle off the van and take it to your auto machine shop. They should be able to press the old bearing out and the new one in for less than 100 bucks

    Flag This