how do i remove line from clutch master cylinder? on 1992 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup

The line seems to be molded into bottom of clutch master cylinder. The line has a leak!

by in Simi Valley, CA on August 25, 2009
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
3 answers 3 comments
ANSWER by , August 26, 2009
You need a release tool that unlocks a white plastic connector down at the slave cylinder down on the transmission. the line comes with a new master cylinder. You might check to see if a GMC or Chevrolet dealer might have this tool. It's a Kent-Moore tool # J-36221 Hope this helps.
COMMENT by , December 22, 2010
That is incorrect chevys do not have that type of clutch line all you need is a small pick similar to a small nail there is a small round clip you tap it out a little then pull it out with a pair of pliers
ANSWER by , April 02, 2011
on 1993 chevy truck, a small pin needs to be driven out, so the line can be removed. no special tool, just a little bit of fanaggling to get pin pushed out and pushed back into place.
COMMENT by , April 11, 2011
push new line into slave cylinder, make sure the end is seated completely,then push pin back in.
COMMENT by , April 20, 2013
ANSWER by , September 07, 2013
I need help me fix my truck