1998 GMC Jimmy Q&A

1998 GMC Jimmy Question: how do i locate and replace the 4wd sensor switch.

it will shift into 4wd hi when slowing down from hwy speeds to under 45 mph. I then have to pull over shift it into nuetral push 2wd switch and return to drive then its fine. its annoying and sucking major gas. help!!!! -
Answer 1
scan codes and post so we can adv -
Answer 2
There is a vacuum switch on top of the transfer case that is defective, replace it and problem solved!! Just fixed mine, had the same thing going on. NAPA part # 7301639. Tough repair without a lift!! Vacuum is what actuates 4x4 system! -