How do I know if a motor mount is my only problem? on 1991 Nissan Maxima

My car started shaking and has gotten worse. It is not bad in the idle position, but when I put it in drive it starts a slow deep shake that gets faster and harder as I increase speed. Also, in reverse, my steering is very hard to turn, which began recently with this other problem. I was told my front motor mount is the problem?

Asked by for the 1991 Nissan Maxima
although anything is possible, motor mounts almost always cause vibration at idle(in drive or reverse) and are almost unnoticeable at a steady cruise. sounds a bit more like either a misfire or something out of balance or loose. i would highly doubt a motor mount will solve your problem. as for the hard steering in reverse they could be related but in the absence of any noise when in reverse i would think it would be a separate problem.
1 more answer