How do I fix an engine problem? Car stalls at stopping. on 2004 Chrysler Sebring

We have changed the cam sensors and another sensor, put a new time belt on, and replaced the ignition coil. No progress. Help?

by in Ottawa, OH on July 09, 2013
2 answers 13 comments
ANSWER by on July 09, 2013
Sound to me like a vacuum leak, any check engine light on, and if so, did you have it read ????
COMMENT by on July 09, 2013
Yes, the engine light is on. I had diagnostics done and it said cam/crank sensors.
COMMENT by on July 09, 2013
When replacing cam sensor, you must replace the crank sensor to, they both work together. and if so, did you clear the light and rerun the car and check for the check engine ????
COMMENT by on July 09, 2013
They both were replaced at the same time
COMMENT by on July 09, 2013
So after clearing the light, and running the car, is the light still on ????, and if so, what code are showing now ?????
COMMENT by on July 09, 2013
We reset the computer but everything is still the same
COMMENT by on July 09, 2013
Don't unterstand what you are saying, if you clear the codes with a scanner, and run the car, the light will come back on, if the issue is not fix, but if the light is not on, then the sensor are not bad, you have a mechanical issue, need to do a compression test on each cylinder, they should be around 125 to 150 lb, anything under that is a bad cylinder, I work on about 27 2.4, two main issue is wires to the cam and crank sensor, may be not making connection. maybe you can send me a video to me of the car running thru your cell phone, one of the engine running with hood up and second of the sound of the exhaust.
COMMENT by on July 24, 2013
We have had it at 3 mechanics so far. We have replaced cam/crank sensors, ignition coil, throttle position sensor, timing belt and 2.4 dual overhead cam. Nothing has worked. Would it be the fuel injector or spark plug?
COMMENT by on July 24, 2013
COMMENT by on July 25, 2013
Did you do a compression test on each cylinder ??
COMMENT by on July 25, 2013
Ok, so I got it fixed today. Turns out the first guy replaced the cam/crank sensors. One of those was a re-fabricated (right word? or refurbished?) sensor. the third guy replaced it with a brand new sensor and everything was fixed. So, the problem was the cam/crank sensors :) Thanks for the help frankle951!
COMMENT by on July 27, 2013
Thanks, I'm glad you are back on the road, the right way !!!!!
COMMENT by on July 27, 2013
Yes but I have a coolant leak haha how much do repairs cost for that?
COMMENT by on July 27, 2013
Just depends on where the coolant leak is, up front or mid way of the car ?????
ANSWER by on August 26, 2013
check for vacuum leak and check TPS throttle pos. sensor