The car idled at 1100 rpms. I tried to adjust it with the idle screw, and it only dropped down to 900-800, and then the idle started fluctuating around that range as well. How can I fix this problem? I can't lower it any more with the idle adjustment screw.
How do I fix a high idle problem? on 1991 Nissan 240SX
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by holston2008 ,
September 24, 2012
sounds like you may have a bad idle air control valve, i would replace it and see what happens, also check for intake leaks
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan 240SX Questions
- Once I turn the car on its wont let me put it in 12345 gear
- My brakes keep locking, everything has been changed, calipers, brake hoses;
- When I turned the fan switch in smoke came out. switch problem or fan motor ?
- How much would electrical repairs cost on a 1995 Nissan 240
- How much transmission fluid do I need to put in my automatic transmission?
1991 Nissan 240SX Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($89 - 147) in Hanna, WY
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($101 - 178) in Ocoee, TN
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 61) in Dearborn Heights, MI
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($378 - 1,091) in Little York, NJ
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($102 - 126) in South Byron, NY
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($160 - 218) in Arroyo, PR