Someone put something in my tank one night last week, and car was running very rough. I went and filled up on High Octane gas and put some STP fuel treatment in the car. It continued to run rough and died out about 20 yards from my house. Pushed it the rest of the way. Pulled the timing cover off to make sure it did not jump time, but it is still perfect. When I try to crank it, it seems to be close to starting. Changed the spark plugs because I dropped one and broke it. I have compression and fire on all four cylinders.
How do I drain my fuel tank? Apparently I got a tank full of bad gas. on 2002 Ford Focus
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Focus Questions
- When I let off the acceleration...then accelerate...trans.feel like it slips??
- Alarm going off randomly but seems to go off days after I have opened the hood.
- A yellow light comes on and looks like the shape of a motor. What does this mean
- How long can I let my squeaking alternator squeak?
- Are the rear wheel bearings pressed in the hub?
2002 Ford Focus Estimates
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($73 - 111) in Benet Lake, WI
- PCV Valve Replacement ($34 - 46) in Saltillo, TN
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($291 - 419) in Coupland, TX
- Fuel Filter Change ($66 - 101) in New Boston, MI
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($352 - 374) in Faribault, MN
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($25 - 30) in Light, AR