Our 1998 altima was repaired in April when the check engine light appeared. The was then parked from May 8 until now b/c no one needed to drive it. We had to jump the battery and when it was cranked, the alarm was triggered, sound and flashing lights. We no longer have either of the original keys that would disarm the car when the key is inserted; we only have copies. Can I disable the alarm to drive the car? If so, how? If not, will I have to get an original key with the alarm sensor and how much will that cost?
How do I disable the factory alarm? on 1998 Nissan Altima
Asked by Visitor for the 1998 Nissan Altima
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Altima Questions
- Front end shaky at highway speed, tires balanced recently,not a smooth ride
- how much is it to fix a push to start issue on a 2009 nissan altima
- Can’t shut off 1998 Nissan Altima’s alarm
- Engine cranks but will not start. Fob battery good.
- BLUE SMOKE WHEN I TURN IT ON. COULD BE A PISTON RING? HOW MUCH TO REPAIR?
1998 Nissan Altima Estimates
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($112 - 171) in Mission Viejo, CA
- Air Filter Replacement ($58 - 80) in Effingham, IL
- Brake Drum Replacement ($267 - 384) in Wellesley, MA
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($132 - 189) in Warrens, WI
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($712 - 975) in Lambertville, MI
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($518 - 968) in Hutto, TX