Reviews for Honda Odyssey years:

Honda Odyssey Reviews and Owner Comments

Honda OdysseyOwner Reviews (45 reviews)
    Visitor, Albuquerque, NM, April 17, 2014 11:58
    I bought 2000 Odyssey brand new and I am totally satisfied. Got oil changes every 3-5 thousand miles and transmission oil changes every 15000 thousand miles on an average. I think the book suggests every 30000 miles. I was worried about transmissions going bad and so I got frequent transmission oils changed. Transmission is just fine even at 147000 miles. I have not change the Timing belt yet and book suggests I do at 105000. I know I am taking a risk and I will get it done soon and shopping around. In electrical system, the LED lights behind the clock, and other places blew out. Very hard to replace so I just got used to without having them. I always put Sams club gas. So the oxygen sensor and catalytic converter light came on which is no big deal, I think. I used my odyssey for long trips, as a work horse truck hauling sofas, and once I hauled load of granite stones and I know that was foolish of me. AC is fine and I have not filled any freon. Other than that tires, brakes, and regular maintenance. Hoping to get at least 200000, TouchWood. It is not just a van but a light truck.
    Visitor, Mascot, TN, August 06, 2013 21:11
    I just bought mine going on 17 year old Honda Odyssey with 220,000 miles on it. I am an ASE Certified Master Technician and I am very impressed with this van. Of course it is a Honda and they are by far the best vehicles on the road. The only problems this van has are owner induced or just normal wear and tear. If your van does not drive like a brand new Accord then it is time for a new set of struts. My personal recommendation is to use KYB struts. This van has had regular oil changes and timing belt replacements but that is about it on maintenance so I am doing 17 years worth of maintenance to it all at one time. Here is what I've done to mine and my brand recommendations for the greatest performance and reliability based on 20 years worth of experience. It is getting New Bosch IR infusion plugs, Standard/BWD/Belden wires, all new Gates belts & hoses (radiator & heater), complete Gates timing belt set with new tensioners-idlers-water pump, Fel-Pro valve cover gasket & distributor O-ring, KYB GR-2 struts, Beck & Arnley front motor mount, Wagner/Bendix Pads & Rotors, K&N air filter, PCV valve, Standard distributor cap & rotor, flushing all brake fluid and replacing with high quality DOT-4 fluid, servicing transmission 4 times with Honda fluid, oil change with 15,000 mile Mobile-1 & Fram synthetic filter and a new Exide battery. Other than oil changes I don't expect to touch a thing for the next 50,000 then it get new plugs, cap and rotor. When changing plugs never forget to always use anti-seize on the threads and dielectric grease on both ends of the wires. My van runs and drives like a brand new van. I hope these recommendations help someone out there because at this age all these things either have been done or need to be.
  • 2010 Honda Odyssey
    Visitor, Floyds Knobs, IN, March 18, 2013 06:00
    This is my first odyssey but I have had 3 other Honda cars. I like everything about my odyssey except the second roll seats need to be taken out in order to hall large items such as 4x8 plywood etc. I know this is not a truck but other vans have seats that fold into the floor for more room. I have 38000 on my Honda and it has served me well.
  • 2012 Honda Odyssey
    Visitor, Omaha, NE, March 09, 2013 10:57
    Great mini van. Only have 4000 miles on it but have taken it on a 1000 mile trip. Ran great. The suspension is much stiffer than our old 2002 mini van but that makes it handle all the better.
    gilzosessey, Wheat Ridge, CO, October 18, 2012 00:05
    i love my odessey! i wanted a 2002 body style for along time. i like the size of the doors for easy entry. they can be dent magnets, i have seen alot of banged driver side front fenders, as well as lift gates. when properly matained they are awsome multi-use vans. i have seen alot of pass. rear vent widow problems... they stick. i plan on investing on a new paint job, and carpet kit soon. i think they are classy and i plan on keeping it for as long as i can.
    Visitor, Adrian, MI, November 29, 2011 11:52
    I bought a 3003 Honda Odyssey new from Brown Honda. In 2010 had Problems with vibration at 50-60 mph Brown Honda of Toledo replaced both front axles at a cost of $825 but the vibration continued, then they blamed it on tires so replaced tires- no improvement- returned to dealership 3 times (75 miles round trip)and got the runaround- the vibration continues and it seems nobody knows how to correct it. I hate to trade my troubles off on someone else. it only has 68000 miles and had 53,000 when the trouble started. Had tires balanced so many times that the aluminum rims are nearly ruined from wheel weights.
    Visitor, Vienna, VA, July 31, 2011 11:38
    I had the braking problem when I bought the van and they have to replace the rear brake drums. The door locks are not working properly. The sliding doors are always hard to open. It seems like they are clued to the door during hot days. The only way to open them is to bump the door from the inside. The van has 120k miles on it and the transmission is acting up. Shifting from 1st to second gear is rough and it needs to be be replaced. It is consuming engine oil quite badly and I have to add at least a quart for every 3k miles. Also, the wiring connection to the clock and a/c and heater board always loose and sometime we are not able to control the fan and a/c and heater. The ride and cornering is good.
    Visitor, Springfield, MA, July 28, 2011 09:05
    THE WORSE DOORS DONT CLOSE HAD TO REPLACE THE TRANSMITION
    Visitor, Columbia, SC, July 22, 2011 09:16
    I bought this from the owner when it was less than six months old. I have loved it and had no problems with it except for the air conditioning has started not to work. It cools but the blower fan is tempermental. Sometimes it works but not others. Hit a bunp (not a major one) and it shuts off. After almost eight years of running, this is not a deal breaker. I drove Caravans from the time they came out until I got this Honda. I will never go back to Dodge. Service was bad, last car was a red lemon. Honda has been great and I have no complaints. No kids but it hauls anything and a sheet of plywood lays flat in the back. I regret that I did not get the electonic rear hatch, but that is the only regret. At this point I have no plans to trade as I still have a lot of life and pep in this car.
    Visitor, Mount Pleasant, SC, June 23, 2011 15:59
    2007 Oydssey purchased in 2008 with 24000 miles. Then nothing but problems. Two recalls. 50000 miles AC goes $500. Alt goes out next $400. Next at 80000 miles wheel seal goes $500. Then AC again $1000 at 85000 miles. Wheel issue ruins front tires $200. 2000 Oydssey purchased new but it was a Canadian modal sold to me by an American Dealer. transmission fails at 95000 miles. Honda American turns their back on me tells me sorry its a Canadian modal so we do not have to honor the recall. Nor are we going to replace the transmission it is your problem. Today my dealer applies to Honda America for "Goodwill Help" to repair AC the second time. Guess what they declined to help. Burned twice. Never again no more Honda for me!
    Visitor, Portland, OR, February 09, 2011 22:38
    From the day we bought this car in 2002 the doors didn't work right. To this day the doors stutter and fail to close half the time. The clock light never worked, either. The car seems to have lots of very expensive to fix flaws. Very unhappy with the van.
  • 2010 Honda Odyssey
    Visitor, Little Egg Harbor Twp, NJ, February 06, 2011 14:33
    my first odyssey that i had.never again.my passenger side window had a bent rod ,unable to bring it up to close unless i push it up.brought it to the honda dealer took 4 days to get it fixed.took the car home 1/2 hr away.this time the door could,nt be opened from the outside,back to the honda dealer.turn out the mechanic forgot to attach a cable to the door switch.i made 3 trips back and froth 1/2 hr each way times 2 for my wife had to follow me because i had to leave the car there.initially i cursed this car out,i thought that i had a lemon.my wife let her frustration out on the salesperson to be compesated of all the trip back and forth time and gas.they were going to me a free tank of gas.never happened.like i said this was a bad experience .within ayear or so i'm going back to a toyatta.
  • 1998 Honda Odyssey
    Visitor, Madison, AL, December 27, 2010 12:39
    After 165000 miles, the car still works well. Have never had anything go bad until recently. I always do my own maintenance; oil, filter and rotate every 5K miles. Except I had all belts and hoses replaced at 120K miles by the Honda shop . The "Check Engine" light came on. My OBD2 unit did not register anything, however, the unit used by the folks at my local Autozone showed a lean mixture present. This could be a number of things but more than likely a bad PCV. Autozone charges about $70. Have not done it yet as there has been no deterioration of performance.
    Visitor, Fort Lauderdale, FL, December 18, 2010 14:36
    front wheel wear and tear on right side of the wheel. In 5 years 5 sets. We allign , rotate and all Honda keeps saying there is no problem. Also had to change the transmission for a common jumping at 40 MPH. The 6 to 3 cylinder goes off also, after 5 years this car is starting to give big headaches
  • 1995 Honda Odyssey
    KUNDUR, Addison, IL, December 09, 2010 21:18
    A very dependable and trouble free workhorse that has served our family well in all climates and duty cycles and still going strong & great guns at 261000 miles. We have maintained it meticulously as per the manufacturers suggested service schedule and it has never let us down. We did a 5000 miles road trip recently to California and back without any incident. We drove it to the tops of Rocky Mountains in Colorado to elevations in excess of 12000 Ft. MSL with a full load and our beloved Odyssey took the challenge without a complaint. BRAVO Honda for making one of the finest vehicles I have driven.
  • 2001 Honda Odyssey
    razzledazzle, Auburn, AL, December 09, 2010 21:18
    Of all the cars I've owned in my life, this 2001 Honda Odyssey is the absolute WORSE car I have ever owned. Before the car even had 60K miles on it, the transmission had to be replaced. 6 months later, the bearings in A/C were grinded into a complete pulp and shot through the lines killing both the A/C and the evaporator. The automatic doors have never worked right, and one is permanently stuck in the closed position. I use to spend $$$ on just replacing the fuse cause it was cheaper than spending $70 at the dealership to do the same thing, but now, changing the fuse doesn't even work. Buttons on the dash have been falling off all over the place for the past 3 years. I keep a constant supply of super glue in the van now. I am now in the process of replacing all the rear shocks and rear wheel bearings and hubs. Apparently, they all decided to "go" at the same time. The navigator completely blew and my car was in the shop for 2 weeks because they had pull the entire unit out of the car and send to the original manufacturer because the dealership had no clue what was going on with it. The original manufacture said several circuits "blew", but had no idea why. I had to replace the battery because I discovered that most batteries can't handle the electrical system in this car, so I had to purchase the biggest, bad-dest battery they had. At least the headlights are a little brighter now (but not by much). I put in a new starter 4 months ago because a dealership wanted boo-koo bucks to do it and I did it for less than $100 myself. I think I broke one nail in the process. The rear brakes constantly squeak and every mechanic I've taken them too can't get it to stop. I once owned a 65' Mustang, and that car was FAR more reliable than this piece of crap! After I fix this next round of problems, it's outta here!
    GraphicArtsMom, Rockwall, TX, December 09, 2010 21:17
    This car is the workhorse vehicle for the family. It's hauled kids, dogs, camping gear and pulled a U-Haul trailer from Oregon to Texas. We acquired our 2000 Odyssey in 2002 used with 35,000 miles. All in all it has been a great vehicle for us. The car is now 10 years old and we have driven it from Oregon to Texas and back 3 times now. Most of the repairs have been minimal and for things that have worn out due to age. The only thing that failed us was the transmission at about 98,000. We found out there was a class action lawsuit filed against Honda becuase the transmissions were failing in our model year betweem 96,000 and 102,000 miles. Sure enough, the transmission started to fail and we were lucky to have it happen in right in the middle of the 96K to 102K miles. Our Honda dealer in Beaverton, Oregon replaced the transmission at no cost except for the labor. I had to write a letter to Honda in order to be reimbursed for the labor portion of the repair. Last summer (2009) on our migration back to Oregon from Texas, we lost the air conditioning and the engine started to over heat in 90+ deg. weather. We made it to Colorado Springs with the heater running full on to keep the engine from overheating. The local Honda Dealership in Colorado Springs replaced the thermostat and talked me into a rear break job at the same time (we were actually due for brakes). We made it to Portland, Oregon, but the engine started to overheat again. The Honda Dealer in Beaverton, Oregon replaced the radiator and we were good to go. However, both repairs combined was about $1,200 (ouch!) For the most part our 2000 Odyssey has been a great car for us. We typically hold on to our cars for awhile. I have owned 2 other Hondas before this one, a 1992 Civic (which I sold in 2002 for half its original value) and a 1980 Accord hatchback. The only other quirky thing the Odyssey does is that the automatic sliding rear doors tend to be sluggish in extreme temperatures--usually under 30 deg. or over 80 deg. F.
    seacrestrich, Panama City Beach, FL, November 25, 2010 09:35
    Bought used with 24000 miles in 2003, currently has 137500 miles and still going strong. My biggest complaint, the transmission, it went south at 103000 miles. Honda would not fix or replace under warranty. I had it repaired by a transmission shop, it went south at 23000 miles. Luckily, I had 24000 mile warranty. The transmission was replaced with a rebuilt at no cost.
    abcs, Seattle, WA, November 25, 2010 09:08
    Similar to Kathy, have owned this car since it was new. It has been a great van, a significant improvement from the Dodge Caravan it replaced, and is very comfortable on long trips. (especially those > 2 hours). A lot of flexibility: seven people can be seated comfortably OR the middle two bucket seats can be removed (would probably save some MPG if not using regularly) to carry (for instance) equipment, the third "magic" seat is heavy yet sturdy and folds into the back so the entire van behind the front bucket seats is flat...a 4'x8' could fit there. MPG between 18-25, nothing in its size is close, and horsepower is plentiful @ ~ 200! The salesperson recommended using premium gas every fifth fill-up or so...the manual says the van gets another 10 HP when you do. Oil filter is standard Honda (the same one fits my 1985 Accord). The only annoyances are minor: the tray in-between the front seats can sometimes be cumbersome to fold and unfold and the A/C is used to clear the characteristically-common (for Hondas) fogging up with inclement weather (with icy weather, it fogs and gets icy on the inside of the front window). I've never had automatic lights, so I don't miss having those. Overall, it's a comfortable touring vehicle and has a tight turning radius for its size.
    kathy_1, Santa Clara, CA, November 25, 2010 09:07
    I have owned this car since it was new. It has been a great car and is very comfortable on long trips. The well in the back is great to keep groceries from rolling all over the car. The rear seat easily stows for extra room. This car has all the bells and whistles, except automatic headlights. Strange, but I can deal with that. I highly recommend this car for anyone who has kids, travels a lot with friends, or needs interior storage for their lifestyle.
    RAF4, Wilkes Barre, PA, November 25, 2010 09:06
    Excellent vehicle and now has over 100,000 mi. Brakes cost $800 but only after 80,000 mi. VERY HAPPY with the car.
    Visitor, Hot Springs National Park, AR, November 25, 2010 09:03
    This exl model has been the best new car i've ever bought. I have 101,000 miles on it and it has never been to the dealer for repair. I bought the extended warranty and never used it. The person looking for user friendly oil filter replacement should turn the wheels all the way to the right and you can see the filter without getting under the car. Put on an oil drain module like a Fumoto valve and you dont have to jack up the van to change oil. Also be religious about changing transmission fluid. I try to do it every 30,000 miles and the shifting improves immediately. Use Honda z1 ATF. The AC works pretty hard in hot weather and I would like to see brighter headlights. Also e religious about changing
    Visitor, Brooklyn, NY, November 22, 2010 11:09
    The Odyssey has been in the family fleet since 2004, and my personal city commuter since 2007. Pros: large and comfortable in the day to day and longer trips, high quality interior, that late 90s Honda magic (that has been subsequently engineered out of their newer vehicles) of excellent visbility, handling, pep, durability and economy. Great city beater. Cons: Multiple tranmission failures, squirrelly dealer service (but eventual OEM-paid replacement), spotty door operation. Also, large size makes it a dent and scratch magnet when street parked.
    Visitor, Omaha, NE, October 25, 2010 20:03
    The 2000 Odyssey rattles a lot in the front end. I have it checked everytime I get the oil changed and they can't find anything causing it. It drives me nuts.
    hightower, Cleveland, TN, September 29, 2010 00:25
    WE JUST BOUGHT OUR ODYSSEY, IT HAS 107082 MILES ON IT . FOR SAFETY RASONS ONLY WE JUST HAD ALL BELTS, WATERPUMP CHANGED. WE ALSO HAD TRANS FLUID CHANGED, SO FAR ITS A GREAT VAN, WE PRAY IT WILL CONTINUE TO BE A GREAT VAN. HONDA IS GOOD QUALITY. THE COST WAS 761.31 FOR LABOR & PARTS.
    Visitor, Harrisburg, PA, August 06, 2010 05:07
    We've had the van for about 3 years and really like it, however we've been having problems with the front wheel bearings. Both have been replaced (supposedly) and we're starting to experience (again) a rumbling and shaking in the front end, especially on cooler mornings.It gets worse on turns and winding roads. It just isn't a smooth ride like it used to be. We took it back to the dealers and they said it was the power steering pump. Well this morning it's a little cooler outside and guess what. It's going back to the shop. Glad we got the extended warranty, but I don't understand why they can't fix it once and for all.
    gordoman, Fort Worth, TX, July 25, 2010 15:49
    good vehical good gas milage drives a bit like a tank but carries 7 people & heavy load with no problem no issues with this vans engine going one million miles
    Visitor, Crowley, TX, July 19, 2010 17:13
    We own the 2007 Odyssey Touring. We have had the vehicle for almost 4 years and do not have any serious complaints. It is exceptional as a family vehicle. It could be quieter on the road. There has been a brake recall and now we just heard that there is a transmission recall. This model comes with the Run Flat tires and they wear out fast and are expensive. We are still not sure if this disappointing. My wife likes the idea that a flat tire will not leave her stranded. The A/C struggles on long drives in the summer. We are impressed overall.
  • 2008 Honda Odyssey
    wadetanderson, Daleville, VA, June 06, 2010 09:29
    Great vehicle with comfort and functionality for a family. Drives wonderfully.
    Visitor, Denver, CO, May 20, 2010 21:30
    I own a 97 honda accord EX and so far for the past year i have had zero problems with it. Not everything works, but for a 13 year old car that is expected. This car was also in a big crash about two years ago and there are dents on every side of the car, but it still drives great. It does leak some oil, i have to put in about a quart every two months but that is a low price to pay for a car that just hit the 200K mark. I really enjoy how it drives like a car, even though the suspention is very soft. This is a great van and for the size gets great mpg, at 18 (city) and about 26 (highway).
  • 2006 Honda Odyssey
    MrSubway1, Brooklyn, NY, May 08, 2010 13:13
    We have the EX with leather, purchased four years ago, but have only 27K miles. We use the car when all six of us travel together, mostly on family visits and vacations. The kids love it, it is nice to drive. I think there is a little blind spot over the left shoulder that make lane changes a bit of a challange, but that is my only real comlaint. On the highway, it quickly goes into eco mode to save gas. A handy feature with gas at 3.50 a gallon. They did cheap out by not having an outlet in the front and it is annoying that they don't have daytime running or dawn to dusk lighting. But overall it is a great car. Warning: the gas struts that hold up the trunk failed suddenly, hitting me on the shoudler. It is a heavy door and could have seriously hurt or killed one of my kids. There are recalls for them for the 2005 and 2009 models, but if you call Honda Customer Service in CA and complain, they will work with you.
    Visitor, Pembina, ND, May 03, 2010 20:48
    I have a 2003 oddessey , very disappointed so far, tranny went out at around 90,000 miles, honda had no clue they have tranny troubles(bull sh-t) they wanted 4700.00 to fix . Engine is now leaking antifreeze, sliding doors have had their issues, fairly noisy inside. Now for the good, nice vehicle if it would of went 200,000 miles before all of these troubles, so much for hondas being so dependable.
    Visitor, Manassas, VA, April 24, 2010 13:05
    this car is in good condition check engine and maintenece light are on
    Visitor, Irvine, CA, March 26, 2010 13:57
    Overall awesome car. Its only weaknesses are: Automatic sliding doors wear out and are expensive to fix. Transmission went (but Honda was very good about replacing it under warranty).
    BobbieMcGee, Littleton, CO, October 10, 2009 14:36
    great value. 99k. Ignition switch went out, EGR bad, catilytic converter went bad - all of these replaced by Honda for free!!!! Just did the timing belt, etc so ready for another 100k. You can buy the brake pads and rotors on ebay for $116.
  • 2001 Honda Odyssey
    glyttek, Springfield, VA, September 12, 2009 11:15
    Let's compare my bosses 2002 Chevy Astro Van with my 2001 Odyssey with similar mileage...he could barely get it to the dealer in order to take advantage of the Cash for Clunkers program. He couldn't get $1000 for his as a trade-in, I can get about $5000 to $6000 for mine. The Odyssey is still going strong and I have no intention of trading it in. The only real repair that I have had is a bad rear wheel bearing. My extended warranty wasn't needed at all(7yr/100K). Because of the transmission concerns raised about the Odyssey, I do change the trans. fluid (4 quarts) every year - it's easier than an oil change. Other than that, I use the normal maintenance schedule. It has fulfilled my expectations of a minivan to the letter throughout the years with legendary Honda quality. Maybe in another 8 years, I will think about selling it.
    AVenegas, Seattle, WA, September 07, 2009 00:43
    I have the LX with Nav. and no DVD. The pros are the interior's versatility, it cleans up easily with steam cleaner. I've found small parts don;t break very easy. Everything is functional and easy to operate. Even the navigation system I found to be very intuitive, despite remarks on forums. Handles like a car with pretty good visibility, but extra caution is required when backing up. The ergonomics are pretty good. Also, I got 27 MPG on the hwy with both captain seats out. but almost the equivalent weight in luggage and a passenger. Owe it to cruise control. Some cons...the emergency flasher switch is poorly located. on my vehicle, the rear hatch latch keeps getting loose at about 3000 mile intervals, dealership defaults to faulty design. Too complicated to work on it myself, even simple maintenance, but...was able to replace the interior air filter by myself. lower dash e-outlet came loose. And the "biggie" con, the transmission is not that smooth.
    Richard Davies, Vancouver, WA, August 27, 2009 12:49
    I've owned my Odyssey for over a year now (bought it used.) It's a great van! I wouldn't want any other minivan over the Odyssey. It's great for anyone with several children. There's lots of room and it's great for traveling. My only critisms are that there can be a little road noise in the interior (but nothing horrible) and although it gets respectible gas milage for a large vehicle, it would always be nice to get more MPG. Overall, it's very stylish and reliable, well built, and lots of convenient features.
    DHU, Addison, NY, August 27, 2009 09:08
    On my maiden voyage in my Odyssey, a trip through Hersey, PA. the transmission began to slip and I wasn't able to maintain a speed greater than 40 mph. With just under 4000 miles on my new van, I was most unimpressed with the fact that I had to walk down the highway with my three year old to a pay phone to have a flatbed truck haul the Odyssey to the garage. With 3782 miles on the odometer, the transmission failed. As I am from out of state, actually, out of country, I had to pay for the repairs in advance. After the replacement transmission was installed, three days later, I was informed that I would have to "break -in" the transmission like I did when I initially purchased the van. I was on my fourth day of a seven day trip, and only half of the way to Richmond, VA. when I had to return home. I had lost all confidence in this van and 6 months later, I sold the Odyssey and the headache to someone else. I purchased a Chevy Uplander, not my usual brand but the price was excellent, and I haven't had an issue since. It rides a little more like a truck but then it also keeps going passed the gas stations.
    Enrique, Oxnard, CA, August 24, 2009 10:40
    Very noise Van. The road noise is quite high. Transmission at 122000 miles is already given problems, as well as the lock in the front driver door.
    lafjzum, Salt Lake City, UT, August 05, 2009 14:53
    I love the way it drives, my doors stick, the A/C is a little weak. I loke how much stuff I can cram into it for a trip!
    mml, Ruston, LA, July 26, 2009 11:12
    This is a fantastic car !!!!! I owned three Dodge minivans prior to switching (at my mechanics advice) to Honda. Each Dodge was its own circle of purgatory the Honda is heaven!! I lived at the Dodge service getting repaired ...my Honda needs only routine maintenance. I have put 130,000 plus miles on this car in all kinds of conditions and it has proven reliable, comfortable, and reasonably inexpensive to operate. It has great pickup (zippy 0-60) and rides pleasantly. Road noise level is low to average for a mini van but may seem a little noisy if you are used to a car. You will keep this minivan for a looong time so protecting it is good.( If you plan to camp or haul garden supplies or other messy things, spring for the large rubber supplemental mat for the back storage area. I also sprayed my seats with stain proofing when it was new.) Like all minivans it takes a while for ac to cool it in the Louisiana summer, but it has better than average heating and cooling. I bought the lower level model and had a rack put on. I did not get auto doors and have not missed them. My only regret is that I let the salesman talk me out of the back up viewer for the dash board. (One bump into something will pay for the viewer). The line of site when backing up is like a SUV and somewhat worse than some other minivans so be careful. The maintenance department at dealerships vary greatly. The one in Shreveport is fantastic so I expected the same elsewhere but hit one that was terrible. If you hit a bad one try another. You can get most maintenance done at service stations try to use Honda parts.
    Nonnie, Houston, TX, April 15, 2009 13:46
    My Odyssey EX was purchased new in February of '97. I had a '90 Accord EX before that. I bought the Odydssey because it was easier to get in and out of, the Accord being very low, and I'm a senior citizen. The Odyssey, however, drives like a car and is very confortable. Only Honda service people have ever serviced my auto. It has had regular check-ups, oil changes, etc. I'm only on my second set of tires since I don't drive really long distances. It's twelve years old but still drives and rides like a new car. It has only 43,766 mi. so far. It turns on a dime and is so easy to manuever. I've enjoyed driving it from the beginning and will be driving it indefinitely.
  • 1998 Honda Odyssey
    Tjbuckeye, Stafford, VA, February 10, 2009 05:51
    Bought car new in 1998. Today I have 254,000 miles with very few problems. The most extensive repairs is three changes of the brake rotors, one starter (last month), couple new batteries, one oxygen sensor, and rear anti-lock brakes sensors. I am on my fourth set of tires, and 5 windshields replaced. I have the EX model so I pull mid-bucket seats out, fold down back seat and carry a large range of items. Moved friend and relatives. Mileage is good, with it's stingy four cyclinder, but pick-up is remarkably quick...even after 254,000 miles. It uses now about a quart of oil every 3,000 miles, which I find typical for a Honda.
    Gold Jet, New Castle, DE, August 22, 2008 08:34
    I have had this van for about (30) day's and I really like it. So far so good!!!