Reviews for Honda Insight years:

Honda Insight Reviews and Owner Comments

Honda InsightOwner Reviews (8 reviews)
  • 2013 Honda Insight
    Visitor, Brunswick, GA, January 23, 2015 15:31
    Have a little over 60k miles after 2 years and we bought it new December 2012. Great gas mileage and I find it fun to drive. Short wife drives it mostly ... a little small for me, I am 6'4" and very fat. But I still love this car. Only regular maintenance done with exception of an oil pressure switch replacement at 60K which I frankly think should not have happened. I do pamper the cvt changing filters and fluid sooner than manufacturer recommendation. We are in coastal Georgia where it is flat and not much traffic. Note that in economy mode the air switches off when stopped ... a little inconvenient in the sweltering Georgia summers. I looked at a Prius first and hated the Prius. I would buy again ... if they had not discontinued the 2nd generation Insight. I have read that at 120k these begin to burn a little more oil ... guess will see about that since I drive my cars until the wheels fall off ... figuratively speaking that is. By the way the price you can get one for now is a screaming deal for this realiable quality car. Granted you do eventually get stuck with the cost of the hybrid battery eventually but if you drive a ton of miles the gas savings kind of make up for it I would think.
  • 2011 Honda Insight
    Visitor, Keene, TX, January 27, 2013 14:44
    2010 Honda Insight Visitor, Keene, TX, January 27, 2013 11:42 I bought the Honda insight in April 2011, today is January 26/2012(20 months)I have over 52,000. I drive 104 miles roundtrip to work. The best performan was 67 mpg runing at 50 mph. I went to California twice an the average roundtrip 46 mpg at 70 mph, every trip was over 5,000 miles. This is a wonderful car. No problems
    Visitor, Keene, TX, January 27, 2013 14:42
    Visitor, Croton On Hudson, NY, March 15, 2012 14:54
    Great inexpensive lease -36 months, with 35 payments of $210, tax was the only out of pocket when I picked it up. You've seen gas prices, so the 41.5 MPG cut my weekly bill in half. In my opinion it's better on long commutes - around town it's very crude compared to the Prius. The problem I'm having is it didn't pass NYS inspection due to "emission sensors"; so I'm off to the dealer next week to seek warrantee service with 11K miles on it. Anyone else have that problem?
    Visitor, Lecanto, FL, October 02, 2010 20:49
    My car runs great after it warms up. It's a little jerky before that. I am getting 50 mpg on average. On certain trips I get over 60 mpg. What a savings. I have driven 25,000 miles the first year.
    Visitor, Mobile, AL, July 17, 2010 06:35
    City mileage is consistently in the high 40s... same with highway. If driven carefully low 50s are possible. The transition from regenerative braking to friction braking at low speeds is not as smooth as the Prius system which is seamless. First year of operation has been flawless. Moderate road noise, as with most Hondas.
  • 2002 Honda Insight
    jan9787, Littleton, CO, April 29, 2010 13:03
    My 2002 Insight is awesome but my mileage NOW is only 44/m/p/g-and it used to be like 53-It had 2 transmissions replaced and is currently experiencing the bucking/deceleration-main.light on-then oil light comes on but there's oil in the car.Why did the mileage drop? Does it need an altitude adjustment since I bought it in a sealevel state? I love my little rocket-ship and it's only got 103,000 miles-were you all out of it in 2002?
  • 2001 Honda Insight
    NorthwestIL, Rockford, IL, September 16, 2009 15:49
    This Honda Insight has been great. Of course it needs oil changed every 5, 000 miles and new tires on the front end before winter. Averaged 52 miles to the gallon for 249,000 miles. Did not give any problem.