Honda Element Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Honda Element
- Where do i find new tumblers for driver door? Can i do the same for my ignition?
- How remove key from door lock.Locked car key sideways wont turn back to remove
- the air conditioning is not blowing any air.. nothing works. defrost, fan,
- shop has replaced 2 ac compressors(Denso) within 2 weeks both started leaking
- Front breaks make a popping sound when I step on the brakes.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Honda Element Problems
Worn door lock tumblers can cause the lock not to work. Removing the lock assembly and replacing the tumblers is needed to fix this problem.
On some models a faulty wire harness for the seat belts can cause the SRS light to illuminate. Replacing the faulty wire harness should correct this issue.
On 4 wheel drive models, a groaning noise from the rear differential heard while going through turns can be caused by differential fluid break down. Servicing the rear differential will generally correct this concern.
Honda Element Questions
Need a low price and good quality
Turned key left to lock it will not turn back and won't come out.its my only key HELP
i've never had issues.. 1st time. can this be as simple as a fuse? or a motor part? and would it be a simple fix?
Honda Element Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Honda is recalling certain Element passenger vehicles equipped with an accessory trailer hitch wiring harness. The wire that supplies power to the trailer turn signal lights was inadvertently switched with the stop lamp wire. As a result, the turn signals only illuminate when the brake lamps are illuminated. Without trailer turn signals, the driver's intent is not communicated, potentially increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will make the necessary repairs to correct this concern. The Honda recall number is S53.
Honda Element Reviews
My Element was one of the first ones off the line 10/03. She is a joy to drive and can do and go just about anywhere. I can haul camping gear for four. Four bikes standing up with out removing the front wheels. And two 80 pound labs. I can go hunting and come home and hose the old girl out. Pitty it has been discontinued.
just bought it and i have a sqeak sound coming from the engine compartment
I have 95,000 miles on my 2003 Element and I love it. I take it everywhere, in the dirt, snow and mud and it has been great. I can fit a lot of stuff in it for camping and fishing and it cleans out easily. I had a problem with the shocks but Honda replaced them for free! I will buy another Honda!