Reviews for Honda CR-V years:

Honda CR-V Reviews and Owner Comments

Honda CR-VOwner Reviews (66 reviews)
    old broad, Hanoverton, OH, August 21, 2014 10:37
    I bought the car used. At first I was happy but now I hate it. There are so many recalls, I can't numerate them. The "fix" free estimates are not free. I can't afford this car and woul'd love to be rid of it
    Visitor, Seattle, WA, June 22, 2014 20:06
    As of June 22nd 2014, and nearly 100,000 miles, my Honda started to show some signs of needing "TLC" to hopefully keep it going another 100,000 miles. The minor thing being a bad ground connection made my left turn signal act "possessed" since the circuit was trying to find a good ground. A bypass of the bad connection did the trick. The most major work that the CRV had, were alignments were so much out of spec, that a mechanic offered to add adjustable shims/camber/toe kits to bring the wheels into alignment. My tires were showing wear/tear indicating a severely negative camber. I decided to take the car to an actual Honda Dealership Mechanic for further consultation. It turns out that the aftermarket kits are just a short term "bandaid" so sorts that will get your wheels aligned, but doesn't address the real underlying issue of a worn out suspension. True, over the years I've used my Honda more like a truck,hauling bags of gravel, retaining wall brick etc, which probably should have been done with a regular truck. I decided to go for the more comprehensive option of replacing my springs/struts, which brought everything back into perfect alignment. The rear suspension job set me back over $2,000 but this car has served me well since I bought it new...so I didn't mind the expense. Now, time to shop for a new set of tires! I'd recommend Honda products...and will consider it in my shopping for my next car in the future.
    Visitor, Alexandria, VA, May 22, 2014 13:52
    Bought my Honda CRV new in late 1999. Almost 14 years old, now. I have had hardly any mechanical work done outside of normal maintenance and a minor accident repair. My only gripe is that certain dash lights disappear when headlights are on, which I do during daytime hours because of LOTS of traffic around here. Can't see what the time is, whether airvent is open or closed, what gear I'm in, etc., when using headlights during daytime hours. Steering is still highly responsive after all these years and the interior and exterior have held up very well despite always being parked outdoors when not driven. One can configure the seats to form a cot in order to sleep in the car if one is in the wilderness! Easy to put things in and out of rear flap, even a heavy wheelchair, without straining. Everything still works on this extremely hardy and comfortable vehicle. It's also not a big bruiser, but higher than a sedan, so easier to see ahead and around, uses fuel wisely, and is, truly, the best vehicle I have ever had since I learned to drive 50 years ago! BRAVO Honda CR-V!
  • 2004 Honda CR-V
    JustMe316, Tampa, FL, April 25, 2014 09:50
    The 2004 CR-V was the first Honda product that I have purchased. I will not be buying any more Honda's however. After 4 years of driving and at 71,000 miles, the air conditioning blew up, sending pieces through-out the system requiring installation of all new A/C system with me paying half ($1800) and Honda paying half. It was / is a known issue with many 2004 CR-V's (and some earlier models too, I believe) but Honda did not treat all of us the same nor do a recall (as it wasn't a safety issue). Then at almost 10 years of driving and 148,000 miles, the lower right control arm broke. Luckily, I was going slow enough that it wasn't more disastrous than being without my CR-V for several days until it could be repaired. It doesn't seem though that as carefully as I drive that the control arm should have broken. That is not a common problem on any car that I know of, is it? Needless to say, my next vehicle won't be a Honda product. Too many faulty parts in my current one.
    Visitor, Warner Robins, GA, March 03, 2014 20:08
    I've had three CR-v's wrecked one owned five total but it still drove good. Took it in for warranty service repairs but the service manger said it was AOK. I don't trust the Honda mechanics they don.t know much about troubling shooting and repair they think the test equipment is good. I just found out a recall is no my CR*v trans problems recall R89 in Aug 11 2011 here it is 2014 .
    Visitor, El Cajon, CA, January 23, 2014 22:03
    My 2002 cr-v is up to 274,000 miles and runs like new. Great dependable all purpose vehicle. Highly recommended!
    Visitor, Loganville, GA, July 31, 2013 19:05
    My 2006 CRV air conditioning is out. Compressor cost around $1400 to fix. Also I have to constantly replace headlights
    SilverJack3, Columbia, MD, July 03, 2013 16:15
    Silverjack 3 is my 3rd Honda CRV. Ya' like it, ya' stick with it. My 2001 started having issues (2 of my 4 cylinders died). I got 1 repaired, but was driving on 3 cylinders). I wrote to HONDA and they sent me $$$$ to pay half the cost. GREAT customer service. So I got 2006 CRV. Unfortunately, an unlicensed driver (a Dodge Ram P/up)with bald tires, hit us head on on a rain slick road. Silverjack 2 was sturdy although she was totaled (I hadn't made the 1st payment!). Anyway, she gave that Dodge Ram something to think about!! Don't think Silverjack1 would have held up as well. Anyway, back to Silverjack3. First there was an issue with the rear vibrating on turns. Something about differential fluid. Fixed the problem. She's well over 100,000 and never had brakes replaced (yeah for down-shifting in a 5 speed). My son switched me to synthetic oil cause I'm broke all the time, and I did notice that when I'm low (about out) of oil, the oil light doesn't come on. Instead the 'check engine' 'explanation mark' and 'vsa' lights on. Just a heads up for anyone who switches oil!! Other than the recall on the power windows, I love my CRV!
    Visitor, Hammond, IN, June 08, 2013 07:58
    bad electrical problem. dealer won't fix. says can run up to $3000.00 to get problem fixed. fuse to interior lights and rear wipers keeps blowing. so no interior lights or rear wipers working.
    Visitor, Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 10, 2013 10:54
    I have problem for tpms
    Visitor, Flower Mound, TX, February 19, 2013 05:31
    After 43k of driving this car this is what we are seeing. The transmission is shifting hard and we are told it could be the torque converter pump bearings going out. It wants to stall or lag ( bog) in traffic. If you dont have the warranty you will pay out the wazoo to get any software upgrades to the car. Apparently ther are a number of software upgrades out there. A gotcha that really makes me mad. Dealers are not in the fix anything business unless you force them to. Good luck. What has happened to Honda?
    Visitor, Greensboro, NC, January 14, 2013 12:18
    The air conditioning system went out. Thousands of complaints about this on the internet. Honda wont do anything about it. The drivers side window switch went out. Bought the car for my daughter. I will never buy another Honda
  • 2004 Honda CR-V
    Visitor, Long Valley, NJ, December 11, 2012 21:03
    Heater core apparently blocked - significant temp difference between inlet and outlet hoses. Original owner with all regular maintence accomplished at Honda dealer - no bad antifreeze. Unsure if this is an isolated issue or not as some forums have messages about heater core issues especially with 2004 Hondas, but not generally the CRVs.
    Visitor, Sophia, WV, November 14, 2012 15:42
    Very nice vehicle! Very reliable! Have over 200000 miles no problem!
    Visitor, Orange Park, FL, July 03, 2012 18:54
    I have had my 1997 Honda CRV for 7 years. In that seven years, I have had to replace the entire A/C system twice and it is now once again not working. I took it to two repair shops and they are telling me I have to have the entire sytem replaced again!! This is ridiculous!!!! Of course, Honda is refusing to help in any way even though they know their is a defect in these systems and they should have recalled them!!! New vehicle will NOT be a Honda.
    Dannynica, Houston, TX, May 06, 2012 08:10
    I have a CRV 2005 EX, manual transmission. I feel it is a good vehicle so far. i dont have it for much time yet. in general i would say it is a ok vehicle. i have to say that i do preventive work. i dont wait to the last minute or until it brakes down to fix problems. it is good to change maybe before your manual calls for service
    Visitor, Santa Clarita, CA, April 12, 2012 17:23
    I have a 1997 Honda CRV that is over 200K and it's driving beautifully. I do regular maintenance, but in general treat her fairly rough. I threw out one of my boots driving too rough, but she handles everything fairly well. The 25% power transfer with the Real time 4wd isn't the best for O/R but it gets you over the rough spots with the high clearance and she looks like she is walking through deep sand. My only beef is with the brakes driving over 65mph, I get some shudder. Take care of small issues quickly or you can get some big snowball issues. Great car. Don't even want a new model except to get better gas mileage.
    Visitor, Olympia, WA, April 08, 2012 12:58
    I have no complaints with my 2006 CRV SE. I had a 1997 CRV which lacked power but the 2006 has plenty in my opinion. It has 95,000 miles and have not had any significant problems with it. I will have the mechanic check on the bearings on the 100,000 mile checkup and maintenance. I also agree on how well it drives on the ice and snow and give it 5 stars. I have driven on some treacherous ice and snow in the mountains and it has done extremely well. The only complaint I have is the suspension, it does not do well on highway curves when you are doing 65-70+mph. My 1997 CRV did ok.
    Visitor, Douglasville, GA, March 27, 2012 07:24
    Bought my 2006 CRV-SE brand new. Had noisy sound coming from rear and had to have some sort of fluid changed. Solved. Finish is wear off of radio buttons, sunroof or luggage racks make annoying vibration noise. Now at 6 years old with 70,000 eady miles I had to have a new water pump in $650. Small gas tank and not so great mileage = frequent and painful trips to the gas pumo. The car is VERY noisey on the road and the interior plastic is hard and easily bruised. We have driven Hondas exclusively for decades, but this one will make us rethink our next purchase.
    Visitor, Washington, VT, March 25, 2012 09:50
    The fuel vapor recover canister hangs to low to the ground and is very expensive to repair. We have torn it out 5 separate times at the cost of $1800 each time. The Honda dealers in our area are aware of the problem. The dealer replaces the same parts but makes no effort to protect this part from further damage.
  • 2011 Honda CR-V
    Visitor, Fort Smith, AR, December 08, 2011 16:31
    400 miles on my 2011 crv , ticking noise from the top end sounds like tipical honda valve train issues, only this k24 is completely different from all other honda ohc engines, it has rollers in the valve train which is different from the other b,f,d,h,j series engines , the change was suppost to be honda engineers fix to the top-end issue, looks like they need to go back to the drawing board. not to hate or dis honda, i am a jdm fanatic, also owning a built b18c1 in my 98 civic eg.
    Visitor, East Rockaway, NY, October 12, 2011 11:10
    I bought Honda CR-V 1998 a year ago. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with the car considering its age and mileage (over 130,000). However, I had to pay about $400 to replace both of my front lower arm controls. After some research I discovered that hondas do have that problem... But again, otherwise runs great.
    jonsbus, Sheboygan, WI, August 16, 2011 15:45
    car is very noisy on highway. brakes only so-so I have never had a Honda with good brakes so did not expect much.car is very good in snow. Should have 10-15 more horsepower, has troouble keeping up to speed in higher elevations. Lots of room easy to park. Honda has always had good service people in dealerships. I am not sure if I will get another one, waiting to see 2012 to see shat is changed, did not like vision out of 2007-2011 ones.
    Visitor, Cave Creek, AZ, August 13, 2011 21:49
    We have a 2006 CRV SE,,,at 99K,,the a/c compressor,condensor AND fan motor went out,,,ALL AT THE SAME time totalling $2100.00 to fix all mentioned. Our mechanic said it's extremely rare to have all 3 poop out at the same time,,,, HELLLLLOOOOO HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!! This issue needs to be addressed!!!
    Visitor, Palmdale, CA, May 31, 2011 18:12
    clunking noise from frontend. auto locks not working.
    Visitor, Georgetown, MD, January 10, 2011 11:24
    2007 2l petrol CRV. Just blew a head gasket at 54,000km. Bought this car, at a premium, for reliability! Not under warranty as 3-years is up. ian@markitects.co.za, South Africa
  • 2011 Honda CR-V
    Visitor, Riverbank, CA, January 02, 2011 19:09
    I was forced into buying another vehicle, because my previous one - a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Country, was totaled by a careless driver. So, in Nov 2010, I went into a car search like never before. After all the test drives and in some cases doing internet reseach without a drive, I knew I wanted a quality compact SUV with good-to-better EPA gas mileage. My choice- a 2011 CR V EX 4WD. In sum, it is at the top of the list for overall quality, detail, and value. My first trip gave me 30.5 mpg. I switched the oem tires to Michelin Latitude Tour tires for a quieter ride..Digital dash readout tops all SUV's. Love my V more every day! the competition. instrument readout is the best. I love the vehicle more every day! love the vehicle. It grows on one more every day. The instrument panel tires - the quietesttires they make for this vehicle.
    Visitor, Rockville, MD, October 05, 2010 14:10
    Great car, I got 285K miles on it, no major problems. Let's see an American car do that! Liked it so much I bought a 2005 CRV.
  • 2008 Honda CR-V
    gardengirl2790, West Linn, OR, September 16, 2010 21:23
    I love my 2008 CRV-EXL. Great car, yes, it does have road noise, but it has been a great realiable car so far. I am a great fan of Honda vehicles, this is our 3rd one. I would buy the car again.
    Visitor, Kyle, TX, September 16, 2010 21:01
    I found out my rear bearings are out on my 2006 CRV AWD. It only has 60,000 miles on it. Honda told me it is not covered under the powertrain warranty. I am demanding help with this $600 repair or I will get out of the Honda family. I bought this car for reliability not this. Very disappointing.
    Visitor, Lorida, FL, September 14, 2010 08:24
    Bearing went on my 2006 Honda CR-V at 90,000 km. Was covered under standard powertrain warranty. Looks like it is a common problem. However I love my CR V. My 2001 CRV was hit by two transport trucks and a car on the highway and I walked away with minor bruises. Ordered a new one the next day.
    Visitor, Seattle, WA, September 11, 2010 07:34
    I LOVE m 2002 CRV-EX. However, the drivers seat is killing my back. the left side of the seat is 1 inch lower than the right. When on a business trip and not driving my car, my hip and back problems go away. I drive home (in my car) from the airport and am back in terrible pain. I am looking for recommendations on replacing the seat. Do I have to replace it with the same Honda Seat or will it take another (better for the back) seat?
    Visitor, Golden, CO, September 07, 2010 06:40
    Having had 7 Honda Accords or Preludes, as well as a 2008 CRV, it seemed like an obvious choice to purchase a 2010 CRV. I have had it for almost 5 months and it has been in the shop 3 times. It appears to have poor welding issues on the body frame and other noises have been related to the exhaust system (although I have a new noise that is under the car and may still be related to the exhaust system). There are other issues too and needless to say, I am extremely unhappy with this CRV and this loyal Honda customer is considering purchasing a Toyota or Nissan.
    Visitor, Mililani, HI, August 30, 2010 13:58
    The car runs great. We have had no problems with it at all. The only issue that I ever had with the CRV is that it is noisy when it gets up and over 55 mph.
    AreaWoman, North Hollywood, CA, August 27, 2010 13:08
    My only complaint about this Honda is the road noise. I have heard the updated CRV with the spare tire on the inside is much quieter because so many consumers complained about road noise in previous years. It handles well, has good visibility, upright seating, carries 4 very comfortably, and is versatile enough to carry cargo when the seats are down. I would like to get better gas mileage too, but for a car of this size I guess that would only happen if they make it a hybrid. A solid, sturdy car but I wish it were better insulated.
    wrektab, San Marcos, TX, August 19, 2010 12:21
    had this car for four years and it was very good to me. the only major work i had to do to it was replace the radiator due to a crack in the tank. one complaint i had was that the transmission always seemed a little weak like it was about to start slipping or give out. overall i would say reliable but not big enough for a family of four.
    Visitor, Scituate, MA, August 13, 2010 08:14
    traded a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer for a NEW 2009 Honda CRV at deadline of clunkers program. I love the style but rear visibility suffers, you really have to be diligent when backing. I find it hard to read the indicators on the dash. The door locks and window controls are non-intuitive and drive me to distraction. Car has high a level of road noise,. poor acceleration especially in traffic,. power. is so low it shifts down two gears to maintain speed on a hill. The drive by wire is awful and feels like a turbo charger lag when trying to pass. sound system is great but can't hear it at highway speeds. Engine has a ticking sound dealer says he can't hear it.( I use only mobile 1) Service light came on, cost over $200 to change rear axle fluid (not covered). There is a busing or shock noise in the front suspension, dealer was very cavalier about concerns. I drive thoughtfully for maximum mileage yet get a dissapointing 27 MPG (actually as advertised) over all. (23-24 in town).I easily got 24 MPG with the V-8 Mercury mountaineer SUV. The CRV brakes are outstandingly good. the car is solid, stable and predictable on the road. Over all I'm satisfied with the car.
    Visitor, Scituate, MA, August 13, 2010 07:24
    Purchased 1998 CRV 2yrs ago unknown maint. history, now 150k miles use only mobile 1 in my cars. I accelerate gently avr 27 MPG ok not great 23-24 in town. adequate power, lots of engine noise, (really needs another gear) suspension bushings keep wearing out and sway bar knocks a lot annoying on irregular surfaces, after heavy breaking, sounds like chunks of metal are loose in front breaks. Clutch is just about finished and a/c has failed ( a 2200 repair estimate) Never gets stuck in winter. Over all satisfied with this little suv
    Visitor, Sierra Madre, CA, August 12, 2010 11:36
    I love my car so much I never want to replace it! I haven't seen anything I want more than my CRV. Hate the "new" CRVs after the 2001 redesign. HORRID! The latest redesign is better but now it looks like a station wagon. The '99 upgrade on HP made it nearly perfect. All I'd like is 6 cyl. but I can live with my light truck. I've always done recommended service on schedule and I've never had one issue. At 10 years I had to have the suspension serviced, but that's it for major work. I love the way it handles like a sportscar, no tipping/leaning issues on sharp curves, I love the sporty look with the rear tire on back (which actually saved me serious frame damage when I was rear-ended at a stoplight), and I adore the picnic table that pulls out at the watertight compartment underneath. I use it often for car camping and it's ideal. There's nothing else as smart and with a good use of space/size on the market these days. Good legroom in back, great cargo area with the seats down, and the unfussy dash and open floor plan are unmatched anywhere.
    Visitor, South Sterling, PA, August 06, 2010 07:52
    i am very pleased with my 2001 honda crv ex. i bought it new. has been very good and plan on keeping it for more years to come. hondas are great vehicles.
    Visitor, Sheboygan, WI, July 02, 2010 08:00
    We bought a new 2006 Honda 2w/d.Hate it. It drives like a tractor. Now our bearings are shot with 92 thousand miles on it. I heard that in 2006 the disc brakes were not tempered enough which cause them to buckle and put pressure on the bearings.Which caused them to fail.Did not take a extened warrenty as I thought I was buying a good vehicle. I know of people driving other vehicles with 170 miles on them and never had a bearing problem.Do does anyone know of others having problem like mine.
    Faithful2MyHonda, Montebello, CA, June 05, 2010 23:19
    Love, love, love my car. Previously drove a '95 Civic and bought the CRV in '03... Although I miss my reliable Civic, I couldn't be happier with my CRV. Currently, am replacing radiator fan & head gasket but it's worth every penny. This car will take my son to college.
    belynda, Chesapeake, VA, June 01, 2010 12:12
    instrument cluster needs replacing at only 108,000 km!
    crvacwoes, Arlington, TX, May 04, 2010 19:34
    My 06 CRV a/c went out! 2706 to fix it at the dealer! Help. Looks like a problem honda won't acknowledge.
    RR1981, Fayetteville, NC, May 02, 2010 15:40
    we purchased our crv in june 2009 brand new through the cash for clunkers program. bryan honda is excellent dealership to deal with. the service dept. is exceptional good after the sale to make an all around wonderful company to do business with. the vehicle is so far doing good . the only problem is premature wearing of the bridgestone tires originally installed. at 15k mile scheduled maintenance had to replace 2 rear tires!! one was worn down to 1/32 and the other down to 2/32. Unfortunately tires on new vehicles are not handled through the dealership but through firestone. we are beginning a litigation warranty battle with them but probably to no avail.
    Visitor, Bronx, NY, April 27, 2010 19:50
    i own a 2001 honda crv with 355,985 miles. and it stilll runs like new it very comfortable and durable and also sounds sporty
    Visitor, Westchester, IL, April 27, 2010 19:28
    I absolutely love my 2010 Honda CRV. It drives smoothly and is comfortable all around; however, it failed to start twice yesterday, so I'm taking it back to the dealer tomorrow for a checkup.
    Visitor, Saint Albans, VT, April 23, 2010 13:17
    Perfect all pourpose vehicle in my opinion. Fun to drive. Reliable.
    Visitor, Richmond, IN, April 20, 2010 07:06
    I love my little Honda! I bought out the lease and will be paying it off in 3 years and will drive it until the wheels fall off! It fits my new baby, 2 dogs, husband, and groceries nicely! The only problem I've had is the TPMS light keeps coming on since I had new tires put on and a sensor was broken off. It's had no bearing on the drive or comfort of my vehicle and I still love my car!
    mbenton, Cooperstown, NY, April 18, 2010 10:40
    nice
    Visitor, Chandler, AZ, April 17, 2010 16:11
    This CRV is one of the best cars I've ever driven, the safewty ratings are really good also, the most expensive repair other than a tire coming seperated and trashing the side panel, was the air conditioning , replaced the control unit, I kid you not this is an amazing little SUV style get about. Today the paints are oxidizing and I'm going to write the company to see where I can match that color. It's deteriating partially from a body & paint repair shop, and generally old age, butits also starting to oxidate rather fast.
    Visitor, Saint Johns, MI, April 17, 2010 09:21
    It's been a Awesome vehicle! I guess with Honda you just can't go wrong. Iv'e had 3 of them and they were all great.
    Visitor, Wakefield, RI, April 15, 2010 19:11
    Purchased this car used in 2008 with 65k miles. Now has 110K miles. Driven 2x from Rhode Island to Florida and many times to Maine without a problem. Expected better milage than 25mpg. Really looses mpg (22-23) with 3 adults and baggage on Florida trips. Only problem encountered thus far was noisey power sterring pump, replaced with used one - problem resolved. Highly recommended car.
    gmahler, Belgrade, ME, November 09, 2009 02:34
    Very stable vehicle. Wonderful in snow and ice. Very reliable and a great car for local and mid-range trips. Would buy it again.
    elbilo, Pompano Beach, FL, August 23, 2009 06:41
    I leased my 1999 CRV and then bought it at the end of the lease, it is now free and clear. I have not had one single problem in the 10 years i have driven it. It now has 73000 miles. It has never has seen a mechanic for repairs, only maintenance. I will drive until it dies.
  • 2008 Honda CR-V
    quiltlady, Winter Springs, FL, July 31, 2009 18:12
    i bought my 2008 CR-V EXL on November 15, 2007. this is a fantastic vehicle. as soon as i saw it, i knew i had to have it. traded in a two year old crv for the new one. honda a/c is one of the best in the market. i have no complaints at all with this vehicle. carries tons. would have been nice if it had come with the day/night auto mirror along with the controls to open/close garage door, etc. the aftermarket one works well. i've had hondas since i bought a 1976 accord hatchback.
    Yakmore, Clarksville, AR, July 31, 2009 15:10
    Bought this car at 60,000 miles problems with it. Interior leak weather seal leak, A/C stopped working, Heater Blower motor, Rear trailing arms, transmission housing leak, Radiator cooling fan stopped, A/C cooling fan stopped, struts, strut bushings, engine mounts bad. When I purchased this car I thought it would be good on country gravel roads because it comes in a 4wheel drive package. I was sadly mistaken. I have kept up service and maintained the engine runs grate but have had loads of trouble with A/C and Suspension. If I were not a mechanic I would have spent a fortune on this car in labour. Trailing arm bushings replace by a dealer are about $600 a side. If you can do it yourself, look at spending $120 in parts and $100 for the tool to replace them. A/C system was not designed right. Makes for frequent mechanical problems after about 75,000 miles. If your a pavement only driver then this car would be ok if you can deal with no A/C half the summer. I would not buy another CRV but, that doesn't turn me against Honda cars.
    joet, Commack, NY, July 25, 2009 19:43
    Do not buy this car if you like going back to the dealer all the time. I am very dissappointed in buying this vehicle, since I got it, I had to return to the dealer about the leaking tranny and got a remanufactured tranny. The dealer fix it but I got a rebuild tranny. Brand new car with a rebuild part. Then last week the water pump made funny noises and I had to get it fix. You know how much is a water pump about 400 bucks not including labor (100/hr). Thank God! I got the extended warranty after the remanufactured tranny was installed. I had to argued with the Honda customer service manager for a week before she finally gave me the 7 yrs warranty. I was ready to go to BBB, till she offer me the warranty. Very dissappointed. Come on This a Honda. What kind of car are they building here? So what is the next part going to B R E A K ? I am not going to buy another HONDA CRV. My next car is going to be a TOYOTA RAV4.
    AutoHound, Newport Beach, CA, July 10, 2009 08:40
    Excellent Condition
    Wallycakes, Naugatuck, CT, April 24, 2009 06:25
    I got my 06 CR-V EX late in 2005. I liked it so much that I brought my wife a new 08 CR-V EX-L. Now we have two and I can't get over how great they are in the snow, and how conforable they handle and ride. I don't think I'll buy anything but Honda CR-V's from now on. By the way, I have been buying nothing but brand new cars since I was in my mid twenties. I'm seventy now. So I know a decent ride when I see one.
    scootingstatusbar, Corona, CA, March 10, 2009 21:28
    Great car! Very roomy.
    agroppe, Hudson, FL, February 22, 2009 18:09
    Great vehicle! Next to the 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder I once owned, this is the best vehicle (least maintenance) I have ever had! But after only two years, power steering fluid is as thick as molasses? There may be a problem there~ Have this done before 40,000 miles (flush and refill), but don't allow Honda to do this procedure - they charge twice as much as your local service station (who can most certainly handle a 2007+ CR-V power steering flush~ Apart from that, I am thankful I spent a few thousand more up front to buy a Japanese-designed vehicle than an American piece of crap. The last three American cars I owned (and babied as I do all my vehicles) shut down on me WELL BEFORE THEIR TIME! This is an awesome ride and with GENEROUS FUEL SAVINGS to boot! Highly recommended!!!!!!
    glasman, Lecanto, FL, February 18, 2009 11:34
    We love this car- runs great! Bought it at Tampa Hondaland in Florida, with 40,000 miles, now has over 137,000. Minor AC problems, and front rotor warpage- other than that, great on gas. We religiously change the oil/filter every 3,000 miles!
    poppadoc, Moreno Valley, CA, November 12, 2008 15:14
    bought used in 2004 @ 70,000 miles & no major work required since. Now @ 137,000 miles & still going great. Only front brake pads & 1/2 shaft replaced (at separate times) Ignition problem replaced at 80,000 miles as factory recall; engine quitting at fwy speeds corrected. On 3rd battery! Radiator replaced recently. Electrical getting flakey (?) -- dash clock only fitfully works now & door open warning lights no longer work.
    patmannion, Capitola, CA, October 17, 2008 14:42
    I own a 1997 Honda CRV automatic All Wheel Drive. It has been a wonderful car. I commute 45 miles each way to work gas mileage is great. I have two small children and love the height of the car, it makes accessibility to take children in and out of their car seats great. The relatively large cargo area in the rear (seeing as the spare wheel is mounted on the outside of the rear door) comes in very useful). I now have 130,000 trouble free miles it has been very reliable, maintenance cost have been low. As my children have got older I now need a larger vehicle and will certainly check out another Honda or Acura product. Pat Mannion
    songofruth, Bushwood, MD, September 25, 2008 04:09
    The interior has aged quite well. There might be some slight fading of the upholstry but there has been otherwise no signs of wear. I did however wear through the driver's side floor mat, down to the backing. Also the windshield wiper arms paint is starting to wear off. But then the car has 187K on it. My husband keeps thinking this car will need to be replaced because it is 10 years old and has 187K miles on it. But it has still had no major repairs needed (though it may need a new clutch just now). Husband's a Ford man but because of my car is open to the idea of owning a non-Ford, as long as it's a Honda. The heating & AC is and always has been a bit underpowered. I've found that to be true on every Honda (1984CRX,1991Civic) I've owned over the last 25 years.