Honda Civic Si Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Honda Civic Si
- Can I replace just one front brake disc if the other side is ok and pads are good?
- battery repl. Now, dash lts go dim when I turn on head lts. No engine light
- Whenever I start the car from a child start. (Meaning if it's been sitting for 5 hours or more). The car will crank over for a longer period than normal. Then, I'd I take off right away the accelerator seems very touchy, and the car surges and jerks
- Cold start studder
- Starting issue
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Honda Civic Si Problems
The front brake rotors can warp and cause a vibration when braking. The rotors will need to be machined or in cases where they are worn to thin, replaced to correct this issue.
Plugged moon roof drains can cause a water leak inside the car, usually over the head of the driver or passengers head when turning a corner. Cleaning the drains will fix this problem.
Damaged engine mounts can lead to vibration and roughness felt in the steering wheel. A rattle in the dash and engine area may also be heard. Replacement of damaged mounts will commonly correct these issues.
Honda Civic Si Questions
80 chars killed me. I replaced the battery and now, when I turn on the head lights, the dash lights go dim. There are no indicator lights on. I have the CarMax warranty, but they don't answer their phones. Where else can I go that is covered by their warranty?
Whenever I start the car from a child start. (Meaning if it's been sitting for 5 hours or more). The car will crank over for a longer period than normal. Then, I'd I take off right away the accelerator seems very touchy, and the car surges and jerks for the first few mins of driving. Afte...
Honda Civic Si Recalls
Honda is recalling 2003 Accord and Civic, and 2003–2004 Element models due to a defective interlock lever in the ignition switch. The lever may deform, which will defeat the interlock function on vehicles with an automatic transmission. This may cause a vehicle that has not been shifted into the "Park" position to roll away, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will remove the interlock pin and lever and replace them with new components, free of charge.
Honda has recalled 2001-2003 Civic, 2002-2003 Civic SI, 2001-2002 Accord, 2002 CR-V, 2002 Odyssey, 2003 Pilot, 2002-2003 Acura TL, and 2003 Acura CL vehicles because the driver's side air bag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure. This could cause the inflator to rupture if the air bag deploys. Metal fragments may pass through the air bag material and cause injury to vehicle occupants. Dealers will replace the driver's side air bag inflator.
Honda has recalled 2001-2002 Civic, Civic SI, and Accord vehicles and 2002-2003 Acura TL vehicles because the driver's side air bag inflator could produce excessive internal pressure. This may cause the inflator to rupture if the air bag deploys. Metal fragments may pass through the air bag material and cause injury to vehicle occupants. Dealers will replace the driver's side air bag inflator.