Engine revs high when I start the ignition, idle at a traffic light and sometimes while driving. When I'm driving it seems as if the drive chokes and catches up with itself. It's done this for years but it's very noticeable and more consistent now.
High rpms when I start engine. Why? on 1999 Toyota Camry
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- Cranks wont start choked by hand and finally fired ran rough n bogged out
- On my 2006 Hyundai Sonata the oil light never came on!
- Where is the fuel pump relay located
- Where is the fuel pump relay. Located.new fuel pump n filter won't start why not
- Automatic Transmission. I have reverse only. Drive does not light up only L & 2.
1999 Toyota Camry Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($404 - 529) in Tad, WV
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($413 - 1,127) in Richland, TX
- 125,000 Mile Service ($53 - 96) in Cerrillos, NM
- Ignition Switch Replacement (Electrical) ($129 - 275) in Mc Intire, IA
- Battery Cable Replacement ($63 - 113) in Lares, PR
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($111 - 146) in Alma Center, WI