Engine revs high when I start the ignition, idle at a traffic light and sometimes while driving. When I'm driving it seems as if the drive chokes and catches up with itself. It's done this for years but it's very noticeable and more consistent now.
High rpms when I start engine. Why? on 1999 Toyota Camry
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- several times now while driving the engine light as well as the door ajar light
- Could my ignition switch be stuck in the cranking position
- Could the ignition switch, be stuck in the cranking position, or shorted out?
- Back seat floor carpets are getting wet more behind driver seat side. windows OK
- steering wheel moves up and down freely. I heard a snap and the wheel spins.
1999 Toyota Camry Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($353 - 501) in Tad, WV
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($298 - 413) in Richland, TX
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($291 - 410) in Cerrillos, NM
- 150,000 Mile Service ($272 - 380) in Mc Intire, IA
- Throttle Position Sensor Replacement ($129 - 243) in Lares, PR
- Window Switch Replacement ($523 - 545) in Alma Center, WI