I own a 1994 Oldsmobile 88 Royale. Last summer it started making a high pitched whining noise that alternated frequency whenever I ran the air conditioner. I stopped using the a/c, but now it sometimes makes that noise on a very hot day (mid 90's), after running for about 20 minutes. I have not used my air conditioner in months because of the noise. We replaced the serpentine belt and that did not fix the problem. Sitting inside the car, it sounds like the noise is coming from the front passenger side. Outside the car, everyone thinks the noise is coming from the back/fuel tank area. The car has had a new fuel pump and filters recently as well. Someone on here mentioned the A/C Compressor, so we had that replaced. The system was properly flushed out and replaced with new fluids. My car is still making the whining noise when I run the A/C. What could be the problem?
high pitched whining noise after running A/C on 1994 Oldsmobile 88
1 answerAugust 25, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile 88 Questions
- Yeah my blinkers won't work unless I manually blink them. Can't figure out why
- I hit a bump in a driveway and now the car runs real ruff and the transmission
- what makes it not do nothing I have power but the engine does nothing.
- The air-conditioning compressor ran intermittently but now I won't run at all what could be the possible problems?
- I'm changing the front subframe. What other vehicles have compatible subframes?
1994 Oldsmobile 88 Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Alva, FL
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($306 - 526) in Winsted, MN
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($623 - 815) in Belle Plaine, KS
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($378 - 1,323) in Melrose, MT
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - 134) in Fairmount, IN
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($491 - 523) in Vero Beach, FL