Ford Q&A

1998 Ford Mustang Question: Hid Installation problem

Strider Jet, Garland, TX, July 26, 2009, 20:32

I installed a hid kit for my car but the lights dont turn on at all or hear a buzzing sound from the ballast. I dont think its my cars wires because the old lights worked fine but I dont know. Im hoping to get an answer soon or just find a place where they can check it out.

1 Answer

patrick mannion from Greg Solow's Engine Room, July 26, 2009, 21:15

The head light wiring for the stock head lights is straight forward if you need to know the details of the stock wiring for the Mustang headlights I can forward on the colors. Do you have a voltmeter to check wiring?
    Look on the box that the HID Xenon light kit arrived in, they usually have a 1-800 tech hot line.

Strider Jet, July 28, 2009, 13:34

Well I fixed the problem, now my interior dash does not light up now... So my lights come on but when im driving at night I cant see my speed and all the other stuff that lights up when you turn on the headlights....

patrick mannion, July 28, 2009, 19:07

Glad you figured out the HID problem. The main light switch sends power to fuse 13 (or 18) its a 10 amp fuse. This fuse carries power to the dash lights illumination on the light blue/red wire. This wire brings power also to the heated rear screen switch illumination and ac heater switch illumination so if those two switches are illuminated the fuse is OK.

Strider Jet, July 30, 2009, 10:46

Well I finally fixed all my problems now, it was a blown fuse just like you said so thanks for helping me....you saved me like a 100 bucks if I would of taken it to a shop.