When I crank up the first time of the day it idles to about 3000 RPMs and then eventually goes down. Then when I put it in Drive and press the gas to go. It seems to work fine but doesn't want to shift out of 1st gear easily. It shifts after it hits 4000 RPMs... Only does it with the first gear first time cranking up for the day. Changed the Transmission filter and fluid. Fluid and filter was black and has medal shavings. Car is over 230,000 miles. I get great gas mileage. What could this be? I really need to know if I need to replace something. I'm in college and need a dependable car.. Thank you!
Help me... Transmission or something problem... on 2000 Ford Taurus
1 answerNovember 12, 2009
2 answersJanuary 31, 2010
1 answerMarch 20, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- 3rd hub assembly replacement this month. Ideas why it keeps going bad?
- The transmission won t engage . no matter what gear I put it in I get netural
- I want to know if there is a recall on the door handles.mineis broken
- My battery light is on the right side of the dash and the motor light is on the that mean
- how to install wiring harvest on this year an model