Hello, I'm having OBD-1 trouble codes 172, 136, and 332. on 1994 Ford Explorer

I'm having trouble getting power when I accelerate. The truck seems to have no pick up when I go to speed up. I have already replaced the EGR valve and EGR vacuum solenoid. Can anyone help me what to do next? Thanks, Manny88

by in Newark, CA on February 04, 2012
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by , February 05, 2012
Did the codes change after you replaced these items? Have you checked the EGR with a vacuum pump? Did clean the MAF? 136 and 172 and lean conditions that tell me to check all vacuum lines. With the engine running, gently spray the vacuum lines with a van of brake cleaner and if the engine wakes up then you have a vacuum leak.
ANSWER by , October 22, 2012
Hi - just curious if you ever resolved your issue. I too have a 94 explorer doing what sounds like the same things.
COMMENT by , October 23, 2012
Hello markratto, What I did find out also was that my mass airflow sensor was no good. So I replaced it, then took my 94 ford explorer to a good mechanic that I've known over 20 years, and had him erase all the codes with a OBD 1 testing machine. After that, it was a sweet adjustment on the performance. Remember, take your vehicle to a mechanic who you've known for a awhile and depend on his honest good work!