I have no defrost and no heat, but the hoses are hot, and air blows cold though vents on all settings. I think it might be an blend door actuator failing, but there is not an code error. I not sure how to confirm this, or how to get the dash off. It will cost more than 600 dollars to removed dashboard from the local repair shop. Then the metter starts to run to make the repairs plus all the parts need. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to repair my truck? I do not have alot of car repair know-how. I just know that when I tried a year ago to get above light consul switch fix when my truck was broken into there were no parts available for my truck. Is anyone elese having trouble getting parts for the rams? Any information would be great. Also the AC is not blowing cold air at all. Could there be a reason for both the AC and heat/defrost does not work?
heating and AC system on 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Verified for the Dodge Ram 150070 reports
Verified for the Dodge Ram 150041 reports
1 answerNovember 03, 2010
1 answerMay 03, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 1500 Questions
- Turns over but doesn't start on first try and getting worse.
- How much do I have to drive the car for the drive cycle?
- I have a 98 ram 1500 and seems to lack power but not missing or bogging rpm will
- How to diagnose and repair a p0441 obdll code that goes on and off
- I have a 02 dodge ram 4.7. Gauges won't light up. Crank no start.
2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Estimates
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($76 - $128) in Mica, WA
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($250 - $362) in Spring Dale, WV
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($172 - $281) in Emden, IL
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($485 - $1,084) in Forest Hills, NY
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($197 - $292) in Fort Leonard Wood, MO
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($358 - $420) in Rio Blanco, PR