When the engine warms up the fan does'nt always come on.I relaced the thermostat,radiator cap,fan motor and flused out the fluid.But it still over heats but only when I deliver mail.I had two mechanics look at it and neither could get it to overheat.One suspects blown head gasket.Any sugestions would be appreciated.
Heating Problem on 1992 Dodge Caravan
Asked by for the 1992 Dodge Caravan
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
August 14, 2009
Your cooling fan is controlled by a temperature sensor and a cooling fan relay. I would scan the data stream and watch the activity of the temp sensor and the 'cooling fan' on data point. Do you have to add coolant on a regular basis? Good Luck!
Verified for the Dodge Caravan25 reports
Verified for the Dodge Caravan1 report
Verified for the Dodge Caravan10 reports
Verified for the Dodge Caravan6 reports
Verified for the Dodge Caravan5 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Caravan Questions
- replace lost key
- Can you drive with no power steering fluid if you clamp a broken line?
- Put new fuel pump on and filter but not getting fuel to motor have checked all l
- I have a problem with my alternator belt staying on what can cause this
- I have a small flashing red light on top of the temperature gage,what's that??
1992 Dodge Caravan Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($331 - $606) in Hillrose, CO
- Thermostat Replacement ($98 - $152) in Deweyville, UT
- Battery Replacement ($140 - $189) in Lafayette Hill, PA
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Rear ($76 - $128) in Regina, KY
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($76 - $201) in Medinah, IL
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($179 - $332) in Prince Frederick, MD