Heater Problems on 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

My car has heating problems. The blower works sometimes, sometimes doesnt work at all. When it works, sometimes it makes a noise. Is this a heater problem or the heater resistor problem ?? Will it cost a lot to fix this ?? Thanks in advance

by in Chicago, IL on December 07, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on December 07, 2009
The resistor pack is toward the center of the dash passenger side lower, when they fail they usually result in loosing one or more speeds or having high speed only. It sounds more likely the fan motor is failing. It takes 20 minutes to remove the blower motor and inspect it or test it to see if it has bad bearings or is otherwise failing. Mitsubishi retail cost of fan is approaching $300 but thye are available aftermarket from www.rockauto.com, www.partstrain.com and other sources.
3 people like thisFlag inappropiateReply
The a/c and heater knob was slowly getting stiffer until it finally broke off. I understand there is a repair kit that corrects this problem in this vent box. My kit did not have instuctions or inf...
Erratic HVAC blower motor operation may be caused by a failed blower motor and/or blower motor resistor. Our technicians tell us that if the blower motor resistor fails the blower motor should be c...
When car is turned off, the heater blower will continue to run. I can turn it off with swich, but the battery is dead in the am. With key off and removed, the blower is running, I then disconnect ...
the heater not working although of the hosing are connecting and the cooling system is working too when i replace the wheel bearing the ABS light active please help me
also just need to know where all of the relays fuses and anything else that has to do with the heater ,located on the vehicle